when is the refurbushing going to be on Naviagator?

Perhaps it is a matter op changing of schedule and another cruise needs to be cancelled first.

I just found a flyer we got a few weeks ago stating:

"Highlights for 2015 include: A REFRESHED and REJUVENATED fleet! Each ship will have completed a Multi-million dollar refurbischment exuding in renewed aura of style and elegance."

I booked my cruise solely on this promise ;)

Greetings,

Due to the canceled dry dock chatter, I was looking at several Navigator cruises and noticed that there are now 2 rows for Penthouse A. One in the normal spot, and one after the Master Suite.

Is this a website "typo", or am I missing something? Checking the boxes to compare the two A's reveals dramatic differences. Do you think this has anything to do with the refurbishment? (Meaning an entirely new suite category?)

We've sailed on Mariner and Voyager, but Navigator is planned for 2015.

Thank you for any insight!

Cheers!

AshD

I believe somewhere in the beginning of 2014 or the end of 2013 some of the suites were 'relabeled'. I the past Penthouse C was on deck 9, B on 10 and A on 11. They have 'upgraded' the midships suites on decks 9 and 10 a level.

Besides the price I have not found any differences before and after the upgrade.

Can't edit my previous post anymore, please disregard.

I see what you mean: Suite 601 is a Penthouse A with a different layout and is a bit larger (about 55 square ft). It is presented as a different Penthouse A. Amenities seem the same however.

I believe the suite was always there as a PHA, but never presented separately on the website.

Edited by jongbj

Can't edit my previous post anymore, please disregard.

I see what you mean: Suite 601 is a Penthouse A with a different layout and is a bit larger (about 55 square ft). It is presented as a different Penthouse A. Amenities seem the same however.

I believe the suite was always there as a PHA, but never presented separately on the website.

We booked 601 when it was either category "E" or "D". It was upgraded to Penthouse level a couple of years ago. We ended up doing an upsell so I can't say much about it other than it has a big post in the room that some find annoying. It also has a very large balcony. It is interesting to know that it now has a its own category.

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. We are actually booked into 601 for 2015, so it's rather exciting to see the different layout is that suite. I've searched the boards for info about 601 and don't think any issues mentioned (pole, anchor) will be problems for us.

I do have two rather trivial questions to which I can find no answer:

Travelcat2, having stayed in that suite, what is the empty area in the diagram to the left of the entry door? I'm guessing the closet is off the bed area as per normal, so am at a loss as to what that space might be. Additionally, do you recall if there were 2 tellys or just the usual one in the living area? The couch is not terribly comfortable to us for watching the bow cam, or menus, or movies. We prefer to lounge on the bed LOL

Cheers!

AshD

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. We are actually booked into 601 for 2015, so it's rather exciting to see the different layout is that suite. I've searched the boards for info about 601 and don't think any issues mentioned (pole, anchor) will be problems for us.

Travelcat2, having stayed in that suite, what is the empty area in the diagram to the left of the entry door? I'm guessing the closet is off the bed area as per normal, so am at a loss as to what that space might be. Additionally, do you recall if there were 2 tellys or just the usual one in the living area? The couch is not terribly comfortable to us for watching the bow cam, or menus, or movies. We prefer to lounge on the bed LOL

Cheers!

AshD

Although I have not stayed in suite 601 I would personally not pay Penthouse A rates for this suite. It is on a low deck far forward and will get lots of movement, so I hope you are not prone to seasickness. You will also hear the anchor. I would select a midship concierge as a better alternative as the regular suites are spacious or upgrade a bit to Nav suite 1125

Edited by Sunprince

Greetings,

Cheers!

AshD

Hi AshD: Sorry that I didn't make myself clear. We were booked in 601 and did a lot of research on it however we ended up doing an upsell to a Master Suite which is also very forward on the Navigator. The noise is quote pronounced early in the morning. While I love Navigator suite 1125 (we also stayed there), the "motion from the ocean" is felt more strongly up there than on the lower decks. We would not pay extra for suite 601 but would pay extra for suite 1125.

Penthouse suites typically have one television so I must assume that this is the case in 601. One positive is the balcony. The large balcony is on the side and appears to be a lovely place to spend time.

Edited by Travelcat2

Sunprince,

Thank you for your words of wisdom. We are not prone to motion sickness. Additionally, due to Regent's fantastic customer service, we are using a substantial FCC for this cruise. The company was extremely generous after the 2013 Sydney to Singapore adventure.

In all honesty, we'd be happy with this suite and this location. After seven Regent (Radisson, too) cruises, a change in layout feels exciting, but if offered an upgrade to Navigator Suite .... well ... little to no thought about doing that! LOL The Grand or Master Suites would be wasted on us.

We've got more than a year to wait. I was just intrigued by the 2 categories of Penthouse A. When I realized suite 601 was us, I became curious about that empty space to the left of the entry and the televisions. The bed area appears to be an entirely separate room.

Safe Journeys!

Cheers,

AshD

• 2 weeks later...
So I guess this thread is going to hang around languishing, talking about Navigator cabins, until someone finds out when the refurb is actually going to get re-scheduled.[/

Perhaps the pending sale to NCL had something with the disappearance of the planned dry dock.

So I guess this thread is going to hang around languishing, talking about Navigator cabins, until someone finds out when the refurb is actually going to get re-scheduled.[/

Perhaps the pending sale to NCL had something with the disappearance of the planned dry dock.

Yes, and that begs the question, doesn't it? What will happen to Navigator under the new owners?

Perhaps after spending more $$$ in the past 6 years on the Navigator than the Mariner and Voyager combined they realize that she is not fixable. I'm not saying this with a smile or sarcasm. She truly is a beautiful ship and loved by many. I heard that the next refurbishment would be very costly. It sounded as if a lot of plumbing work needed to be done. Maybe it is still being discussed. Time will tell.

I am enjoying this thread. For all the Regent experts can you please help me understand something. I have sailed on Regent a number of times but only sailed Navigator once in 2000 (Radisson) As this is a refurbishment thread I didn't want to start another of my own. I hope its OK that I ask this question during this conversation but you all seem very knowledgeable regarding this vessel. Can you please enlighten me as to when the stern was remodeled. When I sailed on her during rough seas the 'square' stern would 'bang' down in the water during storms. I see the stern appears smoother and rounder than when I sailed on her. Has this improved the ride during rougher seas? I am considering a future Navigator voyage and I am just curious as to when the change occurred. I assume it was during a long dry-dock. Thank you for your insight.

Ashley.

Edited by goldengatecruisers

I am enjoying this thread. For all the Regent experts can you please help me understand something. I have sailed on Regent a number of times but only sailed Navigator once in 2000 (Radisson) As this is a refurbishment thread I didn't want to start another of my own. I hope its OK that I ask this question during this conversation but you all seem very knowledgeable regarding this vessel. Can you please enlighten me as to when the stern was remodeled. When I sailed on her during rough seas the 'square' stern would 'bang' down in the water during storms. I see the stern appears smoother and rounder than when I sailed on her. Has this improved the ride during rougher seas? I am considering a future Navigator voyage and I am just curious as to when the change occurred. I assume it was during a long dry-dock. Thank you for your insight.

Ashley.

The "ducktail" (as it is called) has been there for three or four years - do not recall exactly the date it was installed. This corrected the severe vibration to a point. It still exists but is not as strong as when you sailed in 2000. Maybe someone else can tell you if it still does the "bang" in storms. We have not sailed on the Navigator since just after the ducktail was put in.

Thank you Travelcat2. Now I am confused. The duck-tail I thought was the previous stern but your post would imply thats the new modified stern. When I sailed I thought it was the squared off duck-tail. But I appreciate the response :)

The ducktail was definitely installed since Prestige Cruise Holdings acquired Regent in 2008. When I sailed on the Navigator in sometime around 2007, there were a multitude of problems on the ship including the vibration. Wish I could remember what was done in each of the refurbishments (she is due for another one but it is no longer on the schedule).

I'm sure that some Navigator lovers will post -- most people are so involved with the NCL buy-out of Regent that they aren't paying as much attention to this thread.