Seattle - need suggestions for getting 4 people/luggage/2 wheelchairs to port

mamasylvia

I've pretty much researched everything I can think of and still don't have a good plan.

4 of us are staying at Hampton Inn Seattle-Airport/28th Ave the night before the cruise. 2 of us use wheelchairs, although we can stand and even walk up a small stair or two.

So far, the only realistic option I have found is the accessible shuttle the hotel recommends, National Towncar Services. But they have a bizarre pricing system that makes it difficult to predict how much the cost will be. Also, when I asked about whether there would be room for all our stuff, I felt the phone person shrugged off my concern. This makes me leery of the company. I posted a while ago asking if anyone had used them and received no responses.

I checked with other transportation companies as well. Shuttle Express doesn't service our hotel. SpeediShuttle's accessible shuttles only hold 2 people. (!) I've never gotten Already There to answer the phone.

I wouldn't mind using an accessible cab (minivan?) but question whether it would have room for all of us plus our stuff. Renting a vehicle isn't an option because neither of the people who aren't wheelchair dependent could find their way out of a paper bag.

Any suggestions or ideas I can research? We aren't cruising until May but this is obviously important and I'd like to get it settled.

Good News!! I just called my friend, AJ, from SeaTacTowncar Service 206 697-5577 in Seattle and READ to him what the initial poster said....4 people, their luggage AND two wheelchairs. He said he CAN accommodate you guys with his SUV Suburban type for $65 plus tip. I told him I would have YOU call and speak with him and decide then. PLEASE come back if you use him, and give him the kudos he deserves. Thanks....give him a call or visit his website http://seatactowncars.com/

Seattle Yellow Cab has wheelchair vans for hire. Hold 8 people so they will be able to accomodate your group.

http://www.seattleyellowcab.com

Shuttle Express has private van service that will pick up drop off anywhere.

Call both for an estimate. (I cant imagine that an SUV will be able to seat 4 pax, plus 2 w/c, and probably 8 pieces of luggage.)

Charlene, I finally got my act together and called AJ today. Unfortunately, the two wheelchair users couldn't get up into the SUV, so that isn't going to work out. But I appreciate the tip.

Maple, the website doesn't have any info that I could find on wheelchair vans, but I'll call during business hours (when I remember!) and ask. Thanks for the tip.