Gatwick Wxpress

We're flying in a couple of days early for the April 21, 2018 inaugural cruise on the NCL Bliss & staying at the Doubletree Westminster, which is within walking distance from Victoria Station. We fly into Gatwicj & plan on taking the Gatwick Express which runs non-stop from Gatwick to Victoria.

Can someone tell me the difference between the regular seats & first class, besides the £10 per person fare? I know the website for the train mentions lounge access at the airport, which we're not going to use. Anything else?

You do not need to use gatwick express as it is no faster but a lot more expensive.

Just buy a ticket to East Croydon and 1 to victoria from e Croydon or if you are comfortable you can buy 2 tickets 1 to east Croydon to victoria

You do not have to change trains

Use southern trains website as they do not charge delivery fees

Sent from my ME371MG using Forums mobile app

In case you didn't understand the above, the rail services in the UK are strange. You can book a seat on the Gatwick Express or you can book a seat to East Croydon and then another to Victoria on the same train for about half the price.

As a stranger to the system, I would understand if you chose the Gatwick Express, just for the simplicity. For a short journey like this, there is no point whatsoever in paying extra for first class.

In case you didn't understand the above, the rail services in the UK are strange. You can book a seat on the Gatwick Express or you can book a seat to East Croydon and then another to Victoria on the same train for about half the price.

As a stranger to the system, I would understand if you chose the Gatwick Express, just for the simplicity. For a short journey like this, there is no point whatsoever in paying extra for first class.

I'll go along with Bob.

What Procter is talking about is "split-ticketing", where although it's just the one train that takes you from Gatwick to Victoria, it can be cheaper to buy tickets for two halves of your journey rather than one thru ticket. Can save a lot of money on a long train journey - for instance from the south coast to the midlands or the north of England - but probably not worth the confusion for a one-off Gatwick to Victoria.

And no, I don't reckon its worth paying extra for first-class on such a short ride.

Just MHO as always

JB :)