First time on Norwegian!

Chrisfromco

Hi everyone! This will be our first cruise on NCL. We just booked the Escape for January 2018. My wife and I have sailed 3 times on Celebrity and love the style and feel of their ships. I chose cabins based on the locations I've enjoyed on those ships. We have 3 mini suites on deck 11 midship. Is this a pretty good location? We are super excited to try another line, and this ship looks amazing! I would really appreciate any tips you all might have since we are newbies here! Thanks in advance!!

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think you will like NCL we have cruised with the more traditional lines where they have formal nights and assigned tables with set dining times in 2012 we tried NCL on the Getaway and loved the Freestyle cruising and have been sailing NCL ever since we have not been on the Escape yet will be on her in May but she looks very much like the Getaway as to your deck it looks like you should have cabins above and below you so noise should not be a problem. you will find a lot of posts on CC that they nickel and dime you to death we feel that it gives us more freedom if I don't want it I don't buy it and move on. we have not spent more money on NCL then any other cruise line if we did not want to (talking about once on board) we also found that there was always something going on. it is best if you make show reservations online before you sail if you want a certain day and time but we had no problem on the Getaway getting into shows that we had not booked ahead we just needed to be a little flexible but hey on vacation we can be flexible enjoy your cruise

Hey hey!

I'm sure you'll love NCL, what a way to start. In a mini suite! Sounds amazing, 11 mid ship sounds perfect to me.

Here's my first time NCL tips: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/12/04/8-things-ncl/

The most important thing I would say is to book the shows early! They fill up fast. More about that on the link, won't bother filling up this page with my waffling.

Have a fabulous time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry for my runon sentence but...

You will feel nickel and dimed at times, food is mostly fantastic and somewhat varied, service hit or miss, ships clean, rooms standard, shows great, UBP is great depending on who's on board using it, lots of choices although so many require reservations freestyle is a bit of a misnomer, if you have GSC scheduled don't expect to visit/make the stop, Haven is the ultimate in cruiseline upcharge acomodations but comes with lots of perks, all in all better than some lines and behind some others.

Sorry for my runon sentence but...

You will feel nickel and dimed at times, food is mostly fantastic and somewhat varied, service hit or miss, ships clean, rooms standard, shows great, UBP is great depending on who's on board using it, lots of choices although so many require reservations freestyle is a bit of a misnomer, if you have GSC scheduled don't expect to visit/make the stop, Haven is the ultimate in cruiseline upcharge acomodations but comes with lots of perks, all in all better than some lines and behind some others.

That is a very long sentence! Completely agree though. NCL is definitely 'nickel and diming' more than they used too, but think they all are.

You will LOVE NCL. If I can make a suggestion. If you like a good steak go to Cagneys Steakhouse also La Cucina is well worth the extra money. Keep in mind the specialty restaurants book up fast. We suggest to our YouTube subscribers to book there specialty restaurant reservations as soon as they become available on the NCL website (usually 90 days prior to sailing) You picked a great location and I sincerely hope you enjoy NCL as much as we do.

Hi everyone! This will be our first cruise on NCL. We just booked the Escape for January 2018. I chose cabins based on the locations I've enjoyed on those ships. We have 3 mini suites on deck 11 midship. Is this a pretty good location? We are super excited to try another line, and this ship looks amazing! I would really appreciate any tips you all might have since we are newbies here! Thanks in advance!!

Chris

Chris, you picked a great area -- 11 deck midship. We sailed earlier this month and had 3 cabins in the exact same location -- we loved it. Quiet. Easy to get to both elevators. Nice views. Christoper, our cabin steward, was top notch. Escape is awesome!

I think the biggest difference is that there is always something to do and something to eat -- the rooms will probably be smaller, but they are very nice. The customer service will be good and I've always found the food to be good.

I've done everything from just relax to do activity after activity and everything in between. Go over the dailies and carry it with you (or get the iconcierge app) -- you won't get to do everything, but at least you'll know when it is happening.

Look for ropes course open times and try to do it when you see it open -- due to high winds it does closes (you need closed toe shoes for ropes course).

Get a drink, sit outside on the waterfront and watch the sunset.

Enjoy!