Has anyone flown on SAS

2cruisetravlers

I am looking at flights for our Baltic cruise in June. Right now SAS

( Scandanavian Airlines) is the best price. I do not have experience with SAS and would appreciate feed back from anyone who has flown on them.

(I posted this under the Azamara forum but then learned it should be posted here.)

Flew SAS in June '14.

The only issue, and it occurs on other Euro lines as well, is getting seat assignments. The plane was fine, the crew attentive just like every other major line we have flown.

Their main hub is Stockholm with flights everywhere. Non-stop flight fares within Europe are higher than connecting flights but that's nothing new there either.

I wouldn't hesitate to fly SAS again.

Recently returned from our Baltic cruise and flew SAS Chicago-Copenhagen roundtrip in SAS Go (economy).

Booked through Expedia and was able to pick our seats and they held. Didn't pay extra for the seats and never really did figure out if there should've been an extra charge for advance selection.

SAS is refurbishing their A330/340 aircraft. Neither of the A340s we flew on had been refurbished yet and it was evident. Both were in need of a good scrub. The ORDCPH aircraft had seat back entertainment screens but it wasn't really on demand. Couldn't pause. Couldn't start a program from the beginning. The CPHORD aircraft was on demand. This flight also had better cabin service with multiple tea/coffee/water service.

Overall, just two completely different experiences, but we got there and back safely with all our luggage for a fantastic price.

We flew SAS from ORD to CPH last year for our Baltic cruise. The only issue we had was a delay going to CPH, but that was not SAS's fault, it was caused by the volcano in Iceland disrupting the flight pattern or whatever.

We like the airline. We have no complaints. I can't offer too much more because we slept for most of our flights both ways. I do know if we had to choose we'd choose them over other airlines in the future.