A good local snorkeling tour in GT instead of Carnival's snorkeling tour??

jalinga

My family and i will be sailing on the Carnival Freedom in less than two weeks and we are thinking of signing up for their Ultimate Snorkeling adventure in Grand turk after reading so many rave reviews about it.

However, priced at 59.99$ per person, i find this tour a bit of an expense for the four of us. I was wondering if people here would know of any local snorkeling tour that does the exact same trip for less.

The excursion from Carnival stops at two sites : Horseshoe Reef and

Round Cay.

Any tip would be appreciated. :)

You can try Bohio Resort. They offer snorkeling and I don't think they are associated with the cruise lines like the other two major snorkeling vendors, Oasis and Blue Water Divers. At one time, Papa J offered fishing and snorkeling excursions departing off the beach in front of Local Village. But since LV's closing, not sure if he's still operating out of that spot. Google Bohio Dive Resort and Papa J for information.

Oasis is associated with the cruise lines. Blue Water Divers is not. You can see reviews for various operators here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g147397-Activities-Cockburn_Town_Grand_Turk_Turks_and_Caicos.html. You may be able to find a cheaper tour from a beach vendor (their operating costs are lower, especially due to the fact that they don't have a "storefront"), but if you go that route you will want to ensure you are choosing a licensed and insured operator.