Sunday liquor sales in Fl - MCO/Orlando area

sas80

Really? Hmm, I guess I've never tried to buy alcohol before noon on Sundays!

A quick Google search confirms that you'll most likely have to wait until after noon to buy alcohol.

I've tried to get beer before a football game. That's why I know. But, it's only in the city limits. If you're in Ocoee or near Kissimmee, etc. you can get it.

So they do sell liquor on Sundays, after 12:00 pm?

Some states only sell beer & wine on Sundays.

It varies. In Florida, Sunday alcohol sales are controlled by local law, not State law. I believe there are some counties in north FL that are dry on Sundays. Most counties allow full alcohol sales on Sunday, with most having some type of time limitation (noon or 1 pm is common).

Some cities have laws that differ from the general law of their county. In my county, the county rule allows for Sunday sales beginning at noon. The city I live in (historically heavy Baptist) doesn't allow sales until 1 pm. A neighboring city (historically mostly catholic) allows Sunday sales beginning at 7 am (very nice for football or fishing days if I forgot to stock the cooler Saturday night). :D

It varies. In Florida, Sunday alcohol sales are controlled by local law, not State law. I believe there are some counties in north FL that are dry on Sundays. Most counties allow full alcohol sales on Sunday, with most having some type of time limitation (noon or 1 pm is common).

Some cities have laws that differ from the general law of their county. In my county, the county rule allows for Sunday sales beginning at noon. The city I live in (historically heavy Baptist) doesn't allow sales until 1 pm. A neighboring city (historically mostly catholic) allows Sunday sales beginning at 7 am (very nice for football or fishing days if I forgot to stock the cooler Saturday night). :D

I grew up in California where big brother (church and/or state) doesn't watch over your shoulder when it comes to any kind of booze, they just make you stop drinking between the hours of 2 am and 6 am.

Then I moved to Nevada, where it was pretty much a free for all....

Then we moved to Texas. Imagine my shock when I waled into an Albertsons supermarket and asked which aisle the beer was on, only to be told "Rockwall is a dry county" My response was "what does that mean?":D

Now I am well aware that many states have these (weird) liquor laws.

Another question - do they sell liquor on Saturday all day? What time of the night do they cut you off for purchase? We are just trying to figure out when it would be best to buy a bottle to take.

thanks!

I grew up in California where big brother (church and/or state) doesn't watch over your shoulder when it comes to any kind of booze, they just make you stop drinking between the hours of 2 am and 6 am.

Then I moved to Nevada, where it was pretty much a free for all....

Then we moved to Texas. Imagine my shock when I waled into an Albertsons supermarket and asked which aisle the beer was on, only to be told "Rockwall is a dry county" My response was "what does that mean?":D

Now I am well aware that many states have these (weird) liquor laws.

Another question - do they sell liquor on Saturday all day? What time of the night do they cut you off for purchase? We are just trying to figure out when it would be best to buy a bottle to take.

thanks!

Saturday night (actually Sunday am) sales cutoff typically at 2 am or 3 am (again varies by city & county statute). Note, however, that few liquor stores are open that late - primarily only those that are liquor stores that are built into a bar (i.e. a bar/nightclub that also does "package" sales).

If you arrive on Saturday, I'd suggest getting the booze purchases out of the way that evening - one less thing to worry about on departure day. Just make sure you don't drink your cruise booze on Saturday night. You don't want to sleep late & get to port just in time to watch from shore as your ship sails into the sunset. :D

Our last cruise departed on a Sunday and on our way that morning we stopped in Orlando around 9am to buy some liquor - the liquor store was closed, but there was a CVS nearby where we were able to purchase beer & wine. We stopped at a small liquor store along the main drag (on the left side of the road) in Cape Canaveral (around 10am) - it was open and we were able to purchase the rest of what we needed.

Archived