Costa travel dates...is this an error?

juanarcin

I booked a trip on Costa's new ship Diadema for November. However due to work I won't be able to make it. So I'm rescheduling for January. What I noticed was that on a travel agency website I usually go through had a trip listed to set sail on the 2nd of January on the same ship, the Diadema. But then I was confused because they listed a separate trip also for 7 days and on the Diadema set to sail on the 3rd...the next day. So I figured that there was some sort of wrong information going on and to see which of the two were actually available I decided to go to the Costa website. They did not have the one for the 2nd. So that meant that the one for the 3rd was the correct one right? However I then noticed another trip on the Didema taking off on the 5th! So that means that on the Costa website they have the Didema setting sail on the 3rd and the 5th for two separate trips with two separate itineraries! Has anyone Seen anything like this? This will be my third cruise and my first with Costa, so I'm curious if there's something I'm not aware of or missing since I'm relatively new to cruising. Thanks!

On the Costa German web site, the Diadema is sailing from Savona, Italy on 3,10,17,24,31 January and 2 days later from Barcelona. These cruises areof a circulatory nature with two embarkation / disembarkation points.

I have looked at a couple of German TA web sites and there is confusion, on 2nd. January on 2 different cruises the Diadema is in Valencia, Spain and La Spezia, Italy on this day. Could be the Italian Navy is conducting their own Philadelphia Experiment.:cool:

I would suggest you get clarification from your TA / Costa.

Ron

Costa has changed a lot of itineraries over the last few weeks. They started out with the Diadema and the inaugural trip which is now one day longer, does start in Triest instead of Venice and does start a couple of days earlier.... All following itineraries of the Diadema were mixed up too. So maybe some websites might have the old itineraries.

Anyway Costa does interporting with the Diadema and you can get on in different ports along the route. So you always have to check the embarkation port and the date.

steamboats