Emerald B743

stunnedinva

Does anybody know anything about this cabin (or others in similar positions on other decks)? It's the last starboard balcony on Baja, and it looks on the deck plan as if there's a small hallway and stairwell (?) that separate it from the aft-facing cabins. I figure the interior will be a standard balcony configuration, but I wonder if there'll be a solid metal wall on one side of the balcony.

Thanks!

Hmm--looks as if I should've searched just by cabin number and not been ship-specific. So we'll have more privacy but less visibility aft, right?

Susan,

You will not be able to lean over your railing and look aft. The ship extends out another four feet from the rear of the cabins on Baja deck and the wall is at a 45 degree angle. This is only true on Baja deck. On Aloha deck (and Riviera deck on the large ships) there is another cabin with a balcony cut into that 45 degree angle portion. People on those balconies can look over the railing and see much of your balcony. Because that portion of the balcony faces forward I doubt anyone will be at the rail when the ship is sailing as there might be quite a breeze. Hope this makes sense.

Susan,

You will not be able to lean over your railing and look aft. The ship extends out another four feet from the rear of the cabins on Baja deck and the wall is at a 45 degree angle. This is only true on Baja deck. On Aloha deck (and Riviera deck on the large ships) there is another cabin with a balcony cut into that 45 degree angle portion. People on those balconies can look over the railing and see much of your balcony. Because that portion of the balcony faces forward I doubt anyone will be at the rail when the ship is sailing as there might be quite a breeze. Hope this makes sense.

Didn't you and Janet have one of those 45-degree angled balconies on the Star for our "extended" South America cruise? I remember sitting out there on our way back around the Horn enjoying our wine from Montevideo--or Valparaiso--or somewhere. We bought wine (and Pisco sours) everywhere. :D

We have stayed in that cabin. There is a solid metal wall on the aft side of the balcony. No aft view. Cabin set up the same as every other balcony.

Thanks, Eddie. I don't think the balcony wall will bother us--I've had that kind of arrangement with the last aft cabin before (on another cruise line) and enjoyed the partial privacy. :) Is there a stairwell right outside the door to the cabin, or is that just for use by the crew?

Thanks, Eddie. I don't think the balcony wall will bother us--I've had that kind of arrangement with the last aft cabin before (on another cruise line) and enjoyed the partial privacy. :) Is there a stairwell right outside the door to the cabin, or is that just for use by the crew?
Just for crew or in an emergency.

Didn't you and Janet have one of those 45-degree angled balconies on the Star for our "extended" South America cruise? I remember sitting out there on our way back around the Horn enjoying our wine from Montevideo--or Valparaiso--or somewhere. We bought wine (and Pisco sours) everywhere. :D

So much wine, so little memory :). We had the last cabin on Caribe deck. That balcony extended the extra four feet do we could look over the railing to the aft.

So much wine, so little memory :). We had the last cabin on Caribe deck. That balcony extended the extra four feet do we could look over the railing to the aft.

Wine consumption post-earthquake on that cruise was purely medicinal--or at least "sanity-preservational." :D

Archived