Baltics cruise august w/ 5yo and almost 2yo - hints? Tips?

ArchMom

Hey all! I saw the previous post about st Petersburg with kids, and I'm also wondering about other baltics stops. We're traveling royal caribbean, and with my MIL and FIL. Just booked, so just starting research! Will likely take our umbrella stroller, but as I understand the cobblestones are crazy, likely also our carrier for the little one. Our oldest is used to walking, thankfully. We've only cruised one other time with them, so not sure about leaving the oldest on board while we go out.

Mainly interested in attractions they would enjoy! Train museums, parks, etc. and lunch stops that would be good with kids as well.

Thanks!!

I brought a Maclaren double stroller to Europe and it handled the cobblestones easily. It was nice to have to be able to keep going while the kids napped or snacked.

I suggest you post on the ports of call board for suggestions as to what to see in each port with small kids. We were able to plan our port days well based on what I learned there - lots of places to explore, wander, have treats, etc.

Best,

Mia

We went on a Baltic cruise when our younger daughter had just turned 6 and had a great time. We booked a private tour in St. Petersburg and went on a ship's tour in Gdansk because it was a long distance from the port into the old city but other than that we did all of the ports on our own and had a great time. We started in Copenhagen and also stopped in Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn and Oslo. Enjoyed all of the ports and they were easy to do with the kids.

Lisa