Fascination

mum6

She's an older ship but has been refurbished since we were on her. Love the layout of the ship easy to get around in. Crew is top notch too. I think you will like her the only draw back is the decor rather dark compared to the new ships but still nice. You will have a very good time I'm sure. Oh...Merry Christmas:D

We were on the 3 day to Nassau a month ago. If you're expecting perfection and pampering, you might be somewhat disappointed. I don't think the service on the short cruises is as good as on the longer ones. We enjoyed it, the food was very good, the entertainment was good, the day in Nassau was great, so we could easily overlook a cabin steward that was less than perfect and a waiter that seemed to be overworked and not as attentive as we are used to. I think you will enjoy the cruise.

What can anyone tell me about the Fascination. Booked 12/24-27

I was on Fascination, just a few weeks ago, on the 4 day route. Although I had a good time (I was with a couple friends that were trying to help me forget some problems at home), I have to say, unfortunately, that it was my least favorite Carnival cruise (out of 7 or 8). I'm not sure when the ship was refurbished, but it didn't appear to be recently. The food was good, but not nearly as good as any other Carnival ship I've been on. Our cabin steward was great, but our waiter needed some serious *personality* training. For a short cruise, it's ok, but with other choices out there, I'd probably pick something else... OTOH... If you go with a good attitude, you'll probably have a great time, regardless, and be able to overlook any shortcomings. If this is your first cruise, you'll have a blast!

I was on Fascination, just a few weeks ago, on the 4 day route. Although I had a good time (I was with a couple friends that were trying to help me forget some problems at home), I have to say, unfortunately, that it was my least favorite Carnival cruise (out of 7 or 8). I'm not sure when the ship was refurbished, but it didn't appear to be recently. The food was good, but not nearly as good as any other Carnival ship I've been on. Our cabin steward was great, but our waiter needed some serious *personality* training. For a short cruise, it's ok, but with other choices out there, I'd probably pick something else... OTOH... If you go with a good attitude, you'll probably have a great time, regardless, and be able to overlook any shortcomings. If this is your first cruise, you'll have a blast!

I have to agree with Pam as this was my least favorite cruise on Carnival. I found the ship to be dark and needing a major refurb very badly. Service rated at the worst of any ship that I have been on. Now to be fair this was back in November of 2001 but this ship is not for me.

I was on the Fascination a year ago and really enjoyed it. I agree that the decor is a bit dark but I still liked it. I was with a group of 7 ladies, only two of whom had cruised before. All the newbies had a wonderful time! Our waiter did seem a bit rushed and I don't think the service was as good as I received on the Holiday. But, in all fairness, that was one waiter out of many, so I can't say whether this was true for all waiters on the Fascination or just the one I had. And after all, dining is a small part of the entire cruise experience, so it was just "one of those things" as far as I was concerned. But then, I am one of those people that takes something pretty major to affect the time I am on a cruise ship. It's all still better than being at work! :D

I went in July. I had a great time. No problems with service. As for it being dark, I never noticed because I didnt spend much time inside. Like others have said, go knowing you will have a great time and you will. I knew that no matter what I was going to have one and I did...

I went in July. I had a great time. No problems with service. As for it being dark, I never noticed because I didnt spend much time inside. Like others have said, go knowing you will have a great time and you will. I knew that no matter what I was going to have one and I did...

While attitude does have a lot to do with everything in life, so do expectations and the more one cruises the more expectations go up. At least in my case they do. This ship did not live up to what I had experienced on other Carnival ships. Did it stop me from cruising on Carnival? No but it will make me thing long and hard before I step foot on this ship again.

We are leaving in a week to go on the Fascination, and I am telling ya, you guys are making me a little nervous! I really am not worried about it, we are going with a group and have always had fun! We are going over Thanksgiving week for the 4 night. Can you tell me if you do get dressed up for dinner every night, will we be out of place? Also, when is formal night?

I can't wait until next week is over!!

No reason to get nervous as everyone has different opinions. You may have a totally different experience than what I had.

I cruised over Thanksgiving when on the Fascination also. I believe that formal night was on Tuesday after leaving Key West. You will not be out of place if you choose to dress every night. You will also find others who will be doing the same.

We are leaving in a week to go on the Fascination, and I am telling ya, you guys are making me a little nervous! I really am not worried about it, we are going with a group and have always had fun! We are going over Thanksgiving week for the 4 night. Can you tell me if you do get dressed up for dinner every night, will we be out of place? Also, when is formal night?

I can't wait until next week is over!!

We just got back on Friday. This was our first cruise, so I have nothing to compare it to, but we had a great time. We ate in the diningroom every night and thought the food and service were wonderful! Formal night is on the second night, and we "dressed" for dinner every night, nothing swanky, but something that we would wear to a nice restaurant if my husband and I were going out to dinner. I hope you have a great time!!

Ok, I feel better now. Now, all I have to do is get the weather to be better! I looked up Yahoo weather and it looks like it is going to rain, when we are in Key West and rain again in Cozumel! Ugh!! I am sure I will still have fun!! Anywhere but Michigan in the Wintertime!!!

Archived