uxmal

margincall

Uxmal is about an hour and forty-five minutes each way. By far, my favorite. Chichen Itza is about 2.5 hours and much more crowded.

I was wondering about the time to Uxmal and if you say one hour and forty-five ..... then that's what I'm going with.

hdawson, Thanks again for the pictures!

Just got back from Uxmal a few days ago. An hour 45 up and a 1.5hr return. There is a lot of walking involved, but you can also sit and rest and not move all around each area if you desire. Also, be prepared for the heat and humidity. It was HOT and we quickly ran out of the water we had brought. Either bring a lot of water or buy some (only $1/bottle) when you enter.

P.S. If you have time and want more of a break, the restaraunt was actually good and very reasonably priced.

I just went to Uxmal the other day and have one thing to add....BRING BUG SPRAY!!! I'm not one that thinks of bug spray and usually just deals with getting a few mosquito bites, but the mosquitoes were relentless at Uxmal.

Kristin

Hello pseudochicken, Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall, there are mosquitoes all the time in UXmal, but you can avoid them with Bug Spray.

Summer is the Mosquito season!!!

I´ve been in Uxmal, when you get there , you´ll forget mosquitoes.

Archived