Best time and place for CC get together

pacheco18

Shouldn't you be doing this on the roll-call board? Just asking.

Tom, don't tell me you're going back so soon, I thought you hated it?

No one on the roll call has cruised PG before. I want the benefit of advice from experienced (and happy) PGers as to where on the ship and what time would work.

No one on the roll call has cruised PG before. I want the benefit of advice from experienced (and happy) PGers as to where on the ship and what time would work.

I never said I hated it!They did however,through one of their contracted excursions,nearly kill me.And no,I am not telling you which excursion!

As far as your little get together,you really don't have alot of choices!Lets see,if you don't care for my recommendation (which,by the way ,is best),they can meet at the Pool Bar (plastic glasses), or at the Aft Bar also on deck 8 and lastly the Salon Room.They have a bar,however,usually have guest speakers and shows!Thats It!!!As you can see,small ship,fewer options.

Don't Worry, Be Happy!:D

Wendy - you seem to be the most knowledgeable -- in terms of when the ship sails, what would be a good time? In this a particular bar you would recommend? Before dinner?

Wendy is our queen! But, until she replies...

I would say that sailaway at Papeete is a little late for some, but not for the diehards. Topside is the only really choice.

Otherwise, try sailaway on the second day (is that Huahine for you too?).

Realize that this is a VERY small ship and that it may be like saying which room in a very large house you want to meet in (the living room or the pool deck). The piano bar is good, the pool bar was our favorite (most open and best views). The idea is to hook up early and make other plans (in large and/or small groups) for dinner, excursions, drinks, etc.

Make a sign or a flag and plant yourself on Motu Mahana for sure.

Ia Oranna

La Palette is a good spot, but probably not on the first night, since the ship sails so late and there is a late flight usually. I'm trying to remember when we met last time and where. It was after the boat drill I think, before dinner, but I could be wrong. How quickly we forget!

I love the piano bar location for meeting. Its then easy to go in to dinner too.

I have yet to watch a sailaway. Each time I plan to and then I am too tired with the time difference and its off to bed I go.

Definitely arrange to meet the 2nd day in La Palette. The ship is small and if you are friendly you will shortly encounter your "board" friends. I have done the "meet & greet" on other ships and have never thought about doing it on the PG. It's a good idea!

I would suggest La Palette first and The Piano Bar second. Sorry Hal. Say Hi to Hal The Piano Man from us. Ask him if the Lakers till suck, just be prepared to sit and listen to the story that results.:D

Hal left on vacation on 24th July.

I am glad to hear about Hal's vacation. This will allow him some time to recover from the injury he sustained during the 6/26 cruise date. Poor guy had one night off after his tumble, then started sporting a sling. Hopefully, he will be doing Elton at the top of his game again soon.

Archived