BEST 4x4 Tour in Aruba?

LilTink13

Hey Ya'll! My husband and I will be in Aruba early March... we are interested in doing a 4x4 jeep tour. We don't have certain place we would like to visit... earlier the start in the am, the better in our opinion.

We have read information on Shoretrips.com, Green Zebra, and El Tour Aruba 4x4 Safari. I know my DH would LOVE to be able to drive one of these, I'm perfectly comfortable just going along for the ride.

We are 27 years old. We would like to see the Natural Pool, but if it's over-rated and over-crowded, we are okay passing it. We'd like lunch to be included, and stopping at a beach would be nice as well, but not necessary.

Thanks for any information you may have!

Nikki ;) :p

My husband and I went on a full day island tour with ABC Tours on our honeymoon a few years ago and loved it. So much so that when my parents went on a cruise that stopped in Aruba, we booked them a half day island tour with ABC Tours as a present. They loved it! ABC Tours goes to the Natural Pool, I don't think all of the tour groups too. It's a bit difficult to get to (i.e. no discernible road!)

We rented a Jeep through American Rentals and went all over the island. We even found our own beach and drove right up to about 10 ft from the water, got out and right in the water. It was just the two of us....very nice. A tour would be good to I guess so you have an idea where your going and all, but we were there for like 16 hrs so we had plenty of time to explore.

We did a half day tour with ABC to the Natural Pool and had a great time. Our guide took us to a few extra spots as well, which was a nice bonus.

We had the choice of driving a jeep or going with the driver. I recommend going with the driver as you'll get to hear the commentary and likely feel more safe when driving to the natural pool.

We did a half day tour with DiPalm tours driving a jeep. Lots of fun. There were 4 of us but if you have more in your party they give you a Land Rover Defender. There is a Land Rover tour which does go to the natural pool - apparently it's the only way to get there. Our tour took us to Baby Beach. Colorado Point, the caves, a good tour of different parts of the island.

Sounds great! I can't wait to read your review for Madagascar when you get back! We chose ABC-Aruba and will be def review it upon our return! Thanks everyone for all the GREAT information. I really hope this thread also helps others! :D

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I did an ABC Jeep Safari tour when we were on Aruba two weeks ago. It was a great day out.

We had lunch at an Ostrich Farm and a tour round the farm too, which I wasn't expecting. We finished with a short snorkelling stop at Baby Beach. Also included was the Lighthouse, an old Gold Mine, Natural Bridge, some off-roading along the coast. Was a terrific day out. I was given an option to drive one of the jeeps, but was happier to be a passenger to be honest.

• 2 months later...
Do you know anything about the EL Tours 4x4 Jeep Safari all day tour?

My first choice on a jeep tour was with ABC tours but for what ever reason they were booked so we decided to take a chance on EL Tours and were very glad we did. We arrived in Aruba on April 15, 2011 and I booked a the all day 4x4 jeep safari with EL Tours. I never read any posts about this company and at first was wondering if they would be as good as ABC Tours. Well let me tell you, THEY WERE GREAT. The tour guide was Tony and he was so friendly and informative. This tour company stops at all the same stops as ABC tours does except for stopping at Natural Pool. When I questioned the owner of EL Tours as to why they don't stop there he told me that several times a year there is a tourist that is injured at the Natural Pool and it is very hard for the emergency crews to get to them and that is the reason that they don't go there. In my mind, they are looking out for my best interest and that speaks highly of the integrity of this company. We stopped at the California Light House, Alto Vista Chapel, Bushiribana Gold Mine, the small new natural bridge, Ayo Rock Formation, Arikok Natural Park where I might add we had a 1st class lunch of BBQ ribs and Chicken that was just devine. Then we continued on to the Fontein caves, and Baby Beach where I can say was one of the best snorkeling spots on the entire trip. I will highly recommend this tour company. Their jeeps were also in pristine condition which means a lot on such bumpy terrain.

• 6 months later...
My first choice on a jeep tour was with ABC tours but for what ever reason they were booked so we decided to take a chance on EL Tours and were very glad we did. We arrived in Aruba on April 15, 2011 and I booked a the all day 4x4 jeep safari with EL Tours. I never read any posts about this company and at first was wondering if they would be as good as ABC Tours. Well let me tell you, THEY WERE GREAT. The tour guide was Tony and he was so friendly and informative. This tour company stops at all the same stops as ABC tours does except for stopping at Natural Pool. When I questioned the owner of EL Tours as to why they don't stop there he told me that several times a year there is a tourist that is injured at the Natural Pool and it is very hard for the emergency crews to get to them and that is the reason that they don't go there. In my mind, they are looking out for my best interest and that speaks highly of the integrity of this company. We stopped at the California Light House, Alto Vista Chapel, Bushiribana Gold Mine, the small new natural bridge, Ayo Rock Formation, Arikok Natural Park where I might add we had a 1st class lunch of BBQ ribs and Chicken that was just devine. Then we continued on to the Fontein caves, and Baby Beach where I can say was one of the best snorkeling spots on the entire trip. I will highly recommend this tour company. Their jeeps were also in pristine condition which means a lot on such bumpy terrain.

How much was this tour per person? Thanks

We did a half day Jeep Tour with DiPalm Tours in September for our honeymoon. We shared our jeep with another couple. The husbands split up the driving time. We stopped at the lighthouse, the oldest church, the natural bridge, caves and Arashi Beach. Each stop was nice but I really loved this beach. The ride was fun and went through a few rough areas of land. Our jeep was very muddy at the end. It was a great day and I would definitely recommend this tour.

IMG_0868.jpg.1fd41c9000f699f01bead0748a258473.jpg

Archived