Premier Parking Ventures

csaeroach

Just wondering if anyone has ever used Premier Parking Ventures near the Miami Cruise Port? They are listing their parking prices at $7 per day which is much cheaper then the Miami Cruise Port which is $20 per day. Looking for someone who has used this company and would recommend them? Says on their website parking is in a locked and secure area, just would like to hear your comments before I book this reservation online ...

thanks!

If you search these boards you will find a mixed bag of reviews - some very good, some very bad, with not much in the middle - for Premier. :confused: As I understand it, they are just a booking agency who will then assign you to a nearby Miami parking lot - some of those lots may be well run, and others not so well run which explains the variety of reviews - they do not actually own a parking facility in Miami.

Security of your car is an issue in many parts of Miami :(, just as with many other big cities in the US - parking at POM costs $20/day but is convenient, covered and secure. You need to decide if the savings are worth it. Good luck! :)

If you search these boards you will find a mixed bag of reviews - some very good, some very bad, with not much in the middle - for Premier. :confused: As I understand it, they are just a booking agency who will then assign you to a nearby Miami parking lot - some of those lots may be well run, and others not so well run which explains the variety of reviews - they do not actually own a parking facility in Miami.

Security of your car is an issue in many parts of Miami :(, just as with many other big cities in the US - parking at POM costs $20/day but is convenient, covered and secure. You need to decide if the savings are worth it. Good luck! :)

Are you sure we're talking about the same outfit? There's more than one parking company with Premier in the name. Is this the one you're describing? http://www.premierparkfl.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I used Premier Parking http://premierparkingusa.com/

this past week for a cruise on Liberty OTS from Miami

here's comments pro and con

pro:

- price is good - substantially less than the port garage & booking was easy via web

- location is just a few minutes from the port, six blocks or so from the entrance to the port. You could walk it but I sure wouldn't with luggage.

- you self park, the lot appears as tho it was locked . . . it was fenced and adjacent to a nice office building

- shuttle on the beginning side was OK - we waited maybe 15 minutes and then 3 vans arrived and everyone waiting was accommodated. Very short ride to the pier. Arriving at 11 I believe we were among the first for the day's departures.

con:

- a gravel lot; so expect a dirty car if that matters to you. even if it doesn't rain it will get dusty. (as others have noted premier 'operates' parking venues and doesn't own them so presumably the lot they use could change)

- a bit disorganized .... I arrived around 11 and there were several cars sitting in the 'wrong' lot which was the one I pulled into as well....no one from Premier was around yet but a few minutes later their guy did show up and began shooing us to the right place. there's no office or anything ... just one guy with a little shade tent and a cooler of water. once parked in the right place expect to stand in the sun waiting for the shuttle . . .

- return end: they had given us a sticker to use as a reference when we returned to Miami and as soon as we got to the 'pick-up' area we spotted someone holding a sign with the same stickers. So far so good. "5 minutes" we were told....and they checked their list. We were not on their list.... Fortunately I had saved a copy of the reservation so that issue was quickly resolved. I considered taking a taxi as the location was so close but the taxi line was LONG at this time (0830 - we carried our own luggage off and 'selfed' at 0800). The first van arrived but was full .... it was filling up at the first ship they encountered when the van entered the port and the Liberty was last in line .... hmmmm. After another 10 minutes or so another van arrived, it was about 1/2 full and after some typical Miami bickering among the employees (if you know Miami you know what I'm talking about) the 5 of us now waiting were put in the van. a wee bit crowded but the ride was short. Within 15 minutes of boarding the van we'd exited the parking lot and were on 95 headed home. If there were more waiting from Liberty (a big ship) I could see this potentially becoming an issue . . .

OPINION.

- Would I use them again? Maybe.

- The cost saving was substantial but being a person lacking in the patience department I kept looking across the street to the port's garage and thinking I could be gone already...

- Much of the angst would be mitigated on a second episode as having been there once there would be fewer unknowns.

- Note that many of the off airport parking operations also serve the port. When flying out of MIA I'd used those many times over the years with satisfaction and had planned to use one for this cruise. Their down side is being out by the airport, so a longer ride and turn around for the shuttle. I went with Premier due to proximity to the port and, from something I read here on CC, a belief they used a parking garage.

Capt BJ - Thanks for your comments - we too are driving to Miami in May for our cruise and can't decide where to park. DH is very leery of using any other parking than right at the port - but at $20.00 a day that is pricey!

If you know of a better alternative, or if anyone else knows of one - we would appreciate your comments.

Thanks in advance!

• 11 months later...

There isn't a single lot in downtown Miami that I would recommend for a cruise passenger at this time. Its sad really, there are some great off airport options, but there is isn't one lot for Port of Miami that has me convinced of its safety, security, and service.

Archived