Cabin 620

jjnbabe

Booked on the 12/3/11 7 night. I just received a free balcony upgrade, cabin 620 from my TA. Did I screw up, had an oceanview. Did I screw up? Has any stayed in this category, and my primary question is: Is this balcony open top to bottom, or is it enclosed with the "steel curtain"? Thanks for any comments

What ship? Did I miss this somewhere? I have pics in my review if on Carnival (same category)

Booked on the 12/3/11 7 night. I just received a free balcony upgrade, cabin 620 from my TA. Did I screw up, had an oceanview. Did I screw up? Has any stayed in this category, and my primary question is: Is this balcony open top to bottom, or is it enclosed with the "steel curtain"? Thanks for any comments

On page 73 of the 2011 Paul Gauguin brochure there are photos of the types of staterooms, and the balcony stateroom photo shows a balcony open top to bottom. You can also check Google for "Paul Gauguin balcony stateroom photos" or something similar for larger pictures better showing the balcony. Believe us, you did NOT screw up. You will enjoy your balcony.

We loved the 6th floor and were glad we upgraded. Fun to have a balcony and watch the ship come into port. We usually watched our exits from the top of the ship (windy) but loved watching the mornings from our balcony. We were on the opposite side of the ship and the tenders are lowered early in the morning sometimes. No way to sleep through it but we did fine waking up on the early side.

Here's a link to a website with the deck layouts on the PG. All rooms have balconies on deck six. http://www.cruisecheap.com/ships/paul-gauguin-cruises-paul-gauguin-deck-plans.html

Many thanks for that Beth - very clear deck plans etc. Better than the PG website, which is the only place I have been able to view the Paul Gauguin and see the staterooms and deck plans.

I haven't even been able to sight a PG brochure, despite requesting one to be sent to us 3 times now!~!:( Suppose they can't be bothered to send one to NZ.:mad:

I thought this was the best too. As far as the brochure goes. We requested one several times too and then after some time we ended up with two so you may still get one - probably on your return after the trip. It's nice but doesn't have anything that's not on the website.

What deck are you on?

• 3 weeks later...

Beth,

We are back from our cruise and we had cabin 616 (2 doors down from 620). The balcony has space for 2 chairs and a small table plus a bit of room to move around. The balcony is private from your neighbours to either side as it has metal sheets on each side. For the first 7 days of our cruise, the tenders were going from our side. Then on the last 3 days, the tenders were going from the opposite side (odd number cabins). The cabin itself was spacious enough for us with a small couch and lots of storage.

Our suitcares fitted under the bed and there were 2 closets with plenty of hangers as well as various storage containers around the mini bar area and in the hallway. Anna

Many thanks for that Beth - very clear deck plans etc. Better than the PG website, which is the only place I have been able to view the Paul Gauguin and see the staterooms and deck plans.

I haven't even been able to sight a PG brochure, despite requesting one to be sent to us 3 times now!~!:( Suppose they can't be bothered to send one to NZ.:mad:

We requested a brochure on Saturday from our TA in N-z and we had it on the Monday. We were only making an enquiry at that stage, so she said if we decided not to book she would like the brochure/ book back. However, we did book and so have kept it. Obviously they are available in N-Z, so I would get onto your TA again.:eek:

• 1 year later...
Beth,

We are back from our cruise and we had cabin 616 (2 doors down from 620). The balcony has space for 2 chairs and a small table plus a bit of room to move around. The balcony is private from your neighbours to either side as it has metal sheets on each side. For the first 7 days of our cruise, the tenders were going from our side. Then on the last 3 days, the tenders were going from the opposite side (odd number cabins). The cabin itself was spacious enough for us with a small couch and lots of storage.

Our suitcares fitted under the bed and there were 2 closets with plenty of hangers as well as various storage containers around the mini bar area and in the hallway. Anna

Was this a quiet cabin 616?

Was this a quiet cabin 616?

Yes! It was a great room! We didn't hear anyone. One day at dinner though a couple at our table said they were our next door neighbors and when we asked how they knew they said they recognized our voices/accents from the balcony. We apologized if we bothered them and they said no bother, it was that we were out there at about the same time one day. lol

Actually, I just noticed you asked about 616. We were in 704 I believe... I have to look it up to be sure. But it was Annagon24 that was in that room. I see you quoted her but I got a message about your post and replied...

Archived