Norovirus - Miracle 2/27 - 3/6

Just a heads up for passengers who will be sailing on this ship soon. When we boarded the ship on 2/27 we were handed an informational letter about Norovirus, its symptoms and proper handwashing. Towards the end of this cruise my husband was unfortunately stricken as were several guests I spoke with about it. The bartender at the Lobby bar told me that on Saturday night 3/5 five different bartenders were out sick with this bug. No need for panick but if sailing soon I would bring some extra antibacterial soap and some of the instant hand sanitizer. We had an amazing trip and are very thankful that this bug hit on the final day of our trip and not on day 2 or 3.

Wow That's too bad, I got off the Miracle on 2/27 and I did not hear anything about people being sick. I know how bad it can be, My Family came down with the noro virus last year on the Dawn we were tested by the cdc

It is a very bad bug. I glad to hear you still had a great trip.

We received the same notice boarding the Miracle on 2/13. It seemed we had alot of people sick, especially towards the end of the cruise. I was fortunate... although now I'm sick as a dog!!!! It's that time of year, just be cautious...

I heard that if you let them know that you're sick they confine you to your room for the remainder of the cruise. Is that accurate? If so, is it wiser to just keep it to yourself and do voluntary solitary to prevent the spread to others?

I heard that if you let them know that you're sick they confine you to your room for the remainder of the cruise. Is that accurate? If so, is it wiser to just keep it to yourself and do voluntary solitary to prevent the spread to others?

Yes, if you go to the infirmary and have a communicable disease, they will quarantine you...

Yup. It's that time of year.

Exactly one year ago this Thursday I got off the Disney Wonder, and by Friday I had it. I was glad to have not experienced it on the ship. Brought back a lot of memories from childhood....minus the pot under my bed.

Archived