PG Newbie

billjakegolf

Some agents give OBC ( virtuoso or others) in addition to what PG gives. Also if you use an AMEX Platinum ( not linked to any company but the plain one that costs 400$) then you can get another $300. plus a bottle of wine ( we got Sancerre) and a small pearl.

Again if you have travelled any of the luxury lines before then you will also get a 5% discount.

Some agents give OBC ( virtuoso or others) in addition to what PG gives. Also if you use an AMEX Platinum ( not linked to any company but the plain one that costs 400$) then you can get another $300. plus a bottle of wine ( we got Sancerre) and a small pearl.

Again if you have travelled any of the luxury lines before then you will also get a 5% discount.

I used my AMEX Platinum but booked through an internet website (cause the deal was much better). Can I still somehow get this offer?

I have no idea. Call AMEX and ask. The usual procedure for any of the luxury lines is to have the agent call the booking in to AMEX and they then get a tracking number. I usually take it with me but have never needed it.

There is normally a card in the cabin stating my AMEX OBC is XYZ. In the case of the PG it was a refundable credit which was great because this was our sixth PG cruise so we really didnt need to do too many excursions and could get the cash.

The DW and I are Princess regulars but thinking of PG for a special occasion next September. Any recommendations on Travel Agent or do most people use PG to book. I usually use an internet based TA but they did not quote PG for me.:confused:

We all have recommendations about a TA, but we are not allowed to give them to you per the CC Terms Of Service (people have been banned from CC for life).

I would say you DO want an experienced TA. It can make a very big difference. The PGC customer service folks are quite helpful, but nothing beats a relationship with a TA who knows what you want in a cruise.

I usually make my own (non-cruise) travel arrangements, but I ALWAYS book my cruises (about 15 now) through the same TA I have used since 1996.

I always use an experienced TA that specializes in Regent and other higher end cruise lines. They also do PG cruises. The downside is that they don't work away from the standard PG Cruises offerings but they have very good pricing and they always get my AMEX Platinum OBC for me although I don't use that card for the booking.

Archived