Imagination!!

concreteman

So glad you posted this! My husband and I are sailing the imagination in Feb, Cozumel & key west. There is almost NO reviews out there on this cruise! Any details stick out in your mind that we should know about? Did you do ATD or early or late seating? We are doing Any time, since early was full, and we've always wanted to "try" it, so why not now. Did you do anything on Cozumel?

I'll take any info, I love to hear about the ships/cruises before we sail, it makes it so much more exciting! Any pictures???

We did ATD really had no problem except for the first night where there was quite a line. In Cozumel we did the catamaran snorkeling/private island excursion and it was alot of fun and very nice. Food in both main dining room as well as buffets was good. The mongolian wok and the deli station were my favorites. We really made no plans just bar crawled through Key West and had a blast.

Our itineary was Key west 2nd stop and we actaully did not have to be back on the boat until 8:30PM which made it alot of fun with the Key West nightlife.

I like that Key West was last for you. It's first for us, and becuase of that, we don't arrive in Cozumel until 1:00pm, which is a bummer, I feel like it really cuts into Beach time during the day ya know? I am glad to hear you like ATD, I am concered that I won't like it as much, but we'll see, I am always open to new thing!

How was sailing out of Miami?? We've done that only once before, 8 years ago. We are actually driving this time, rather then flying. Was embarktion easy and organized? Were you able to get on the ship pretty early? Was the staff good throughout?

I like that Key West was last for you. It's first for us, and becuase of that, we don't arrive in Cozumel until 1:00pm, which is a bummer, I feel like it really cuts into Beach time during the day ya know? I am glad to hear you like ATD, I am concered that I won't like it as much, but we'll see, I am always open to new thing!

How was sailing out of Miami?? We've done that only once before, 8 years ago. We are actually driving this time, rather then flying. Was embarktion easy and organized? Were you able to get on the ship pretty early? Was the staff good throughout?

But since KW is first you don't have to clear customs;)

We did the same cruise in Sept, had a nice time. Nice little ship. Like the waterworks and serenity. We always do ATD and had a fine experience on Imagination.

Quick embarkation in Miami, as much of it is automated. We usually arrive around 10:45-11am and are on the lido eating well before noontime.

Have fun!:)

But since KW is first you don't have to clear customs;)

We did the same cruise in Sept, had a nice time. Nice little ship. Like the waterworks and serenity. We always do ATD and had a fine experience on Imagination.

Quick embarkation in Miami, as much of it is automated. We usually arrive around 10:45-11am and are on the lido eating well before noontime.

Have fun!:)

Perfect! I was hoping someone would say they were on the ship before noon! We shoot for 11:30, but again, we haven't sailed out of miami in forever, and back then, we didn't "know" you could get on early.

I am looking forward to spending some time in serenity. On our Dream Cruise in October, we never even made it there, since the kids were sailing with us too. Are there alot of chair hoggers do you know?? Hopefully not! Thanks for the imput! really looking forward to time away.

Perfect! I was hoping someone would say they were on the ship before noon! We shoot for 11:30, but again, we haven't sailed out of miami in forever, and back then, we didn't "know" you could get on early.

I am looking forward to spending some time in serenity. On our Dream Cruise in October, we never even made it there, since the kids were sailing with us too. Are there alot of chair hoggers do you know?? Hopefully not! Thanks for the imput! really looking forward to time away.

Port of Miami has the automated kiosks now, so as long as your funpass is complete, all you need to do is go through security, wait in line for the kiosk, swipe your passport/creditcard, take the reciept given to a desk to pick up your S&S card and then just wait for your zone to be called. Shouldn't take more than a half hour or so unless you arrive at the most busy time, around 12:30-1:30pm.

Serenity was popular but never too full to get a seat. As far as the rest of the ship....if you want to sit within 10 feet of the pools, there are always going to be chair hogs. But away from that area, no problem. DW and I usually go up to deck 11 and there is literally no one around, dozens of empty loungers.

Not sure of your demographics, DW and I are in our later 20's and had a blast at Waterworks--full at any age!:):):)

Port of Miami has the automated kiosks now, so as long as your funpass is complete, all you need to do is go through security, wait in line for the kiosk, swipe your passport/creditcard, take the reciept given to a desk to pick up your S&S card and then just wait for your zone to be called. Shouldn't take more than a half hour or so unless you arrive at the most busy time, around 12:30-1:30pm.

Serenity was popular but never too full to get a seat. As far as the rest of the ship....if you want to sit within 10 feet of the pools, there are always going to be chair hogs. But away from that area, no problem. DW and I usually go up to deck 11 and there is literally no one around, dozens of empty loungers.

Not sure of your demographics, DW and I are in our later 20's and had a blast at Waterworks--full at any age!:):):)

We're in our mid 30's, and I agree. We are ALL about waterworks! :) We don't need to be near a pool at all, I never understood why people fight for those pool side chairs, then aren't even swimmers? I am content a few rows back, or on another deck, as long as I am in the sun and get to come back to snowy Buffalo with a tan I am happy! ;)

Interseting to hear about the kiosks! Never come across them yet, so looking forward to the experinece.

AND we got an email this morning to upgrade, which was awesome! Just upgraded from a Porthole interior on Riviera, to an oceanview on Empress. Wahoo! :eek: 44 days until we leave...

I have been searching for any new reviews on the Imagination!

Although we aren't going to Key West/Cozumel (maybe next one) we will be on the Imagination in Feb. going to the Bahamas.....

I would love to see recent photos of the ship, if you don't mind sharing. This will be my first cruise ever and I'm so excited but would love to see pics of the ship I will be on. Glad you had a great vacation, hope ours is as well.... a little worried about the weather in Feb. but I will post my review/photos when I return.

Thanks, Angie :)

We're in our mid 30's, and I agree. We are ALL about waterworks! :) We don't need to be near a pool at all, I never understood why people fight for those pool side chairs, then aren't even swimmers? I am content a few rows back, or on another deck, as long as I am in the sun and get to come back to snowy Buffalo with a tan I am happy! ;)

Interseting to hear about the kiosks! Never come across them yet, so looking forward to the experinece.

AND we got an email this morning to upgrade, which was awesome! Just upgraded from a Porthole interior on Riviera, to an oceanview on Empress. Wahoo! :eek: 44 days until we leave...

We had a porthole forward on Empress deck, very convenient to everything...dining room/atrium/lido and it's actually the deck you embark on so that makes it easy as well.

Honestly we spent more time at the Waterworks than Serenity. There are a ton of loungers just behind waterworks and it's a nice area to relax. Only time it was busy was on that last sea day.

KW is a great port to just walk around and do your own thing...we walked down to the southern most point, kermits, Hemmingway House (which is cool if you're into that kind of thing...$18pp I think?). We went to Nachi Cocum in Coz, as we almost always do. Really a nice short cruise, and you really can't beat the price....

We had a porthole forward on Empress deck, very convenient to everything...dining room/atrium/lido and it's actually the deck you embark on so that makes it easy as well.

Honestly we spent more time at the Waterworks than Serenity. There are a ton of loungers just behind waterworks and it's a nice area to relax. Only time it was busy was on that last sea day.

KW is a great port to just walk around and do your own thing...we walked down to the southern most point, kermits, Hemmingway House (which is cool if you're into that kind of thing...$18pp I think?). We went to Nachi Cocum in Coz, as we almost always do. Really a nice short cruise, and you really can't beat the price....

We've never been to KW ~ Southern most point and Kermits are our 2 must do things! It is pretty easy to nagivate to get to both places?? I was wondering how we'd know where we were going too! LOL what is Hemmingway house??

We are planning paradise beach in Cozumel, only because we dont' arrive until 1pm, and I wasn't sure i'd get my money's worth gonig to an all inclusive for just a few hours.

Excited about being up on Empress, we're never up that high!

We've never been to KW ~ Southern most point and Kermits are our 2 must do things! It is pretty easy to nagivate to get to both places?? I was wondering how we'd know where we were going too! LOL what is Hemmingway house??

We are planning paradise beach in Cozumel, only because we dont' arrive until 1pm, and I wasn't sure i'd get my money's worth gonig to an all inclusive for just a few hours.

Everything is easily walkable in KW. They will hand you free maps when you walk off the dock. You walk right onto mallory square and you can hook a right on Duval St. and that will take you pretty much all the way down to the southern most point, past the truman house, etc. It's such a small place it's just about impossible to get lost. It's probably a two mile roundtrip walk to the southernmost marker, but there is a trolly system if you don't feel like walking. Hemmingway House is Ernest Hemmingway's place that they've kept pretty much as he left it back in the day, pretty cool if you are into his books and/or history.

You'r right, it is a very short day when you don't get to coz until 1pm. Plenty of taxi's to take you to Paradise.

Everything is easily walkable in KW. They will hand you free maps when you walk off the dock. You walk right onto mallory square and you can hook a right on Duval St. and that will take you pretty much all the way down to the southern most point, past the truman house, etc. It's such a small place it's just about impossible to get lost. It's probably a two mile roundtrip walk to the southernmost marker, but there is a trolly system if you don't feel like walking. Hemmingway House is Ernest Hemmingway's place that they've kept pretty much as he left it back in the day, pretty cool if you are into his books and/or history.

You'r right, it is a very short day when you don't get to coz until 1pm. Plenty of taxi's to take you to Paradise.

Great! Thanks so much, you've covered everything I was wondering about!! Looking forward to it more and more each day.... You know it's getting close when you spend more then an hour a day on CC! :eek:

We went on a great excursion-it is called something like America's Cup Racing-you are actually with up to 16 others plus a crew of 3-4 and you all with the crew's direction, sail the ship and race another ship. It is a ball!! Afterwards, they take you to a place and you have cocktails and you still have time to shop. Really suggest you all try it. In KW, first time, we took the bus/train around KW,seeing everything there. The second time, we walked around, using a map-actually like walking better.

On the ship, we enjoyed going the coffee bar on the Promende deck(10).

Have fun!!

You are right, Nachi Cocum (Spelling) closes at 5pm...So if you arrive at 1p you would be lucky to be there for 3 hours if your lucky.

You are right, Nachi Cocum (Spelling) closes at 5pm...So if you arrive at 1p you would be lucky to be there for 3 hours if your lucky.

Do remember that ship time is different from local time....you'd actually get to Coz noon local time, so you'd have about 5 hours if you headed straight there....

Yes everything was very organized and quick! We arrived at the port about 10:45 and were on the ship by 11:35! I was impressed Miami was very organized!

Did not have any problem hoth chair hogs on serenity. Spent good portion of the day there Tuesday with no issue

Do remember that ship time is different from local time....you'd actually get to Coz noon local time, so you'd have about 5 hours if you headed straight there....

Good point...Just may have to make my way there until 5 and then Carlos and Charlies after....forgot about the change in the time...Thanks.

Archived