Trouble choosing an itinerary. :-(

durhamtraveler

My spouse and I are having trouble choosing our first trip on PGC. The 7-day cruise is not long enough and the 13-day cruise is a bit too long for us to be away from home given that we want to overnight in LA going and coming (from the East coast) and that we many have to stay over a night or so before boarding and disembarking.

We want to enjoy the islands and get as much snorkeling in as possible.

Any recommendations about which of the in-between cruises would best meet our expectations?

Thanks!

My spouse and I are having trouble choosing our first trip on PGC. The 7-day cruise is not long enough and the 13-day cruise is a bit too long for us to be away from home given that we want to overnight in LA going and coming (from the East coast) and that we many have to stay over a night or so before boarding and disembarking.

We want to enjoy the islands and get as much snorkeling in as possible.

Any recommendations about which of the in-between cruises would best meet our expectations?

Thanks!

I can't speak to your cruise options as well as others can here--I am sure you will get some good advice. If it helps, we are easterners as well, and we will be heading from home to LAX to PPT in one day. Taking an early flight to LAX, and then an AF flight at 11:00PM to PPT. We are staying a couple of nights in Tahiti prior to getting on the ship, but I suppose you could basically go straight to the ship from PPT (once embarkation begins anyway). That might save you a travel day or two. Obviously, not as leisuraly a trip, but if time is short, maybe that is an option for you.

IMO the best itinerary is the Tuamotu itinerary 10 days. You get a nice mixture of islands with enough time to rest. This is also a good first timers itinerary though I still like to do it and it will be my 7th time next year.

We fly from Toronto and I would suggest doing the same as we do: Fly straight out to Papeete in a day. Stay one or two nights in Papeete - we did one last year but I think two is better. Fly back the day you disembark and have the extra day at home to recuperate. PG has good prices at the IC in Papeete and the food there is very good though a bit pricey compared to North American standards.

Emdee/stephenandrew, we appreciate your advice about flying, which in our case would mean two layovers and 16 hours total time connected with travel. We still need to think about that. :-) In any event, we appreciate the recommendation for the 10-day Tuamotu trip.

To slightly shift the thread theme, the most important aspect of the trip to us is developing an itinerary with the best snorkeling throughout. I can see where it might be best to start a new theme on this topic, however, and will do so.

Thanks!

Archived