Anyone stayed in solstice cabin 8105

timesahead

We going on the solstice in April 2013 and have been allocated this cabin. Has anyone stayed in 8105 which is a forward facing cabin on vista deck or some advice on the best cabins? We are looking at oceanview or maybe balcony

We were in 8107 on Eclipse the past two times. That is a FV that can connect to 8105. This last time we got to meet our neighbors and showed each other our rooms.

8105 is much "longer" than a normal balcony or OV and we both were surprised at how much room there was. We said that if we ever decided to book and OV, we would for sure take one of those vs the standard type. Her parents had a regular balcony and they all much preferred the space of this OV. I always like a balcony, but if I couldn't get one or wanted more interior space, I would for sure book one of these rooms.

Some people don't like being that far forward due to movement, and it is a bit of a hike especially from the back elevators, but to us, both of those things are totally non issues. I think you'll like it. Oh yeah, and the anchor/thruster noise didn't bother us that much either. It was definitely not enough to keep us from getting 8107 2 years in a row! We loved it!!

Happy Cruising

Yup, we were in 8107 also and saw 8105--a great deal for an OV cabin, extra large and a great view forward.

The long hike was not an issue, but boy! was it loud and shaky when we were docking, sometimes as early as 5 AM. Completely impossible to sleep through.

That said, if it were more than DH and me, I wouldn't hesitate to book 8107 again, and would book 8105 for just the two of us if we decided against a balcony for any reason.

Archived