Choose a cabin under Le Grille or the Pool??

Gardening Girl

We live out in the country and have no noise around us so when we travel we try to seek out the quietest rooms possible within the situation.

We will have a balcony & need to stay in a cabin midship because I am prone to seasickness.

We have been in a cabin under the pool on Celebrity & were woken up early in the morning by the dreaded dragging of deck chairs. And also kept up late at nite when they were having a pool party & celebration.

So we were looking at cabins under Le Grille thinking they might be quieter then under the pool, but not sure about early morning noise of preparation for breakfast & people coming & going for all meals.

Any feedback from those of you that have stayed in cabins under Le Grille would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks, GG

We cruised the Paul Gauguin last year and had a cabin under the pool and grill. It was very noisy early in the morning. Would suggest you stay under a cabin on a deck below a cabin deck. We had no choice as we like twin bed figuration and those cabins are limited. We did enjoy the first Paul Gauguin cruise and are doing another one October 2012. Wonderful experience and ship crew.

We cruised the Paul Gauguin last year and had a cabin under the pool and grill. It was very noisy early in the morning.

Thanks for the response, but would you please clarify "under the pool and grill"? As I read the ship layout, you are EITHER under the pool or the grill. Did you try rooms in both locations?

Thanks!

Thanks for the response, but would you please clarify "under the pool and grill"? As I read the ship layout, you are EITHER under the pool or the grill. Did you try rooms in both locations?

Thanks!

We sailed on the Paul Gauguin in cabin 738 under the eating area of Le Grill. They started moving the chairs very early in the morning.

For those of you that have sailed on PG many times, has anyone stayed in a cabin both under the pool & under Le Grille at another time. We are wondering if you had to choose between the two, which would be quieter. We want a cabin with a balcony & mid ship because of being prone to sea sickness.

Thanks, GG

For those of you that have sailed on PG many times, has anyone stayed in a cabin both under the pool & under Le Grille at another time. We are wondering if you had to choose between the two, which would be quieter. We want a cabin with a balcony & mid ship because of being prone to sea sickness.

Thanks, GG

Why wouldn't you opt for a cabin on the 6th floor instead of the 7th? They are balcony staterooms and no worry about the noise from above. We loved the location of the 6th floor cabins, great access to everything :)

Hibiscus 13 thank-you for your suggestion, the problem with the cabins on the 6th deck is that they are forward, I need to be more mid ship for my proneness for sea sickness. GG

I completely understand about the sea sickness - I'm very prone to motion sickness anywhere (cars, planes, ferries, etc.). But we noticed very little motion in 623 while we were sailing.

There was rougher seas while crossing to and from the Marquesas and you could feel it everywhere on the ship. I had the most trouble in the theatre during lectures when the curtains were all closed.

We left the ship yesterday after our Australia to Tahiti cruises dodging tropical storms and cyclones across the pacific. With up to 25+ foot seas at times the captain told us these were the worst conditions he had experienced and we altered the itinerary a lot to try and dodge what we could. Many were sick. We were midship on deck 4 and while there was a lot of movement it was not bad. IMHO there is no good reason to splurge for a balcony as all cabins are the same size and most people are out and about all day.

We left the ship yesterday after our Australia to Tahiti cruises dodging tropical storms and cyclones across the pacific. With up to 25+ foot seas at times the captain told us these were the worst conditions he had experienced and we altered the itinerary a lot to try and dodge what we could. Many were sick. We were midship on deck 4 and while there was a lot of movement it was not bad. IMHO there is no good reason to splurge for a balcony as all cabins are the same size and most people are out and about all day.

We were also on the above cruise in cabin 324 which is exactly amidships and has the least amount of comparitive movement. I believe it's the most quiet having been on decks 5 and 6 in the past.:)

I was in 310 on this past cruise with Ahab and Flight Medic - it is fine and SAVE YOUR MONEY. We spent $5000 + LESS than the folks with balconies. I heard no noises and this time only saw water above my porthole on one CRAZY storm day! But water in the room never happened. Ship is small enough - if your need a balcony - use the ship[ as your balcony! Of course if you have no budget - it won't matter but fir me - it gets me to FP more often.

Archived