Last Question (for tonight)

I am sure your luggage will come with you. But they may not take it to your room but leave it up front. Keep what you need , like your toiletries, on the top of your luggage so you can easily access it.

Larger sunscreens may be confiscated as a liquid.

The pools are delightful and you can have a lovely morning.

PG has tea at 3pm in case you dont want to pay for lunch at the IC. Though I have to admit I like the food at the IC.

Your luggage will be delivered to your room, but it is often quicker to just claim it in the lobby and take it there yourself. You will be asked to place the luggage outside your hotel room door in the early afternoon so that it can be picked up and tranferred to the ship. Be sure to lock up anything valuable.

Years ago, this was one of our first trips away from the kids! Well worth it! Our most recent trip was also a trip away from the kids(17.16.14) but still well worth it! We were also able to Skype a couple of times...even with video when the speeds were good! You will love the trip and it is a fantastic gift to your family to take the time for the two of you!

kristy

Thanks! I keep going between the emotions of utter excitement about what lies ahead and total sadness at leaving my kids behind. We travel EVERYWHERE with our kids so this is going to be a totally new experiences...but definitely needed!

We travel everywhere with our kids too, but we get away once a year, just us, thanks to wonderful family members willing to take care of the kids. As much as I love to travel with my kids, I think it's important to have some mom and dad time too. Most couples I know who have done this have long, strong, healthy marriages, long after the kids have flown the coop! Don't feel guilty, enjoy the time as a couple and realize that it will ensure your children won't have to worry about " whose house to bring the grandchildren on the holidays?" in the future;)

My husband and I are leaving our kids behind for the first time when we go this summer as well. It will be the first time we've been away for more than one night. I am excited, nervous, etc. Definitely mixed emotions!! It will be fabulous though, and the internet makes it so much easier!!

Archived