Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > Mediterranean - Eastern & Western > France Ports
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

France Ports Cannes, Corsica, Marseille, Nice, Sete, St. Tropez, Toulon, Villefranche

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 20th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Cruzinbabe06's Avatar
Cruzinbabe06 Cruzinbabe06 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 546
Default France Mini Vans - More Than 8

We're sailing on the Epic in Oct. and are in the midst of securing our shore excursions before they fill up. We're a group of 10 adults.

I found tour companies in Italy to accomodate our party. (Thanks to these boards). Haven't been that successful for Cannes, France and Provence (Marseille), France.

Does anyone know of a tour company who has vans big enough to hold 10 adults?

Mostly all of the agencies I've come across on these boards seat up to 8 pax.

One agency suggested I get another van. Which doubled our price.

We could get another van and try to get fellow pax to share with us. However, the 10 of us is large enough.

Anyone have this problem?

Thanks in advance
__________________
Marie,
RCCL, Sovereign of the Seas, Nov. 2002 - 4 day Bahamas
RCCL, Majesty of the Seas, Aug. 2003 - 4 day Bahamas
Carnival Imagination, Apr. 2004 - 4 day Western Caribbean
RCCL, Explorer of the Seas, June 2005 - 7 day Western Caribbean
RCCL, Majesty of the Seas, Sep. 2005 - 4 day Bahamas
Carnival Spirit, Feb. 2006 - 8 day Southern Caribbean
Carnival Liberty, Feb. 2007 - 8 day Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Jewel, Feb. 2008 - 7 day Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Imagination, Sep. 2009 - 4 day Western Caribbean
Carnival Spirit, Feb. 2010 - 8 day Mexican Riviera
Carnival Glory, Nov. 2010 - 7 day Western Caribbean
Carnival Valor, May 2011 - 7 day Western Caribbean
RCCL, Navigator of the Seas, Oct. 2011 - 7 day Eastern Mediterranean
Carnival Liberty, Mar. 2012 - 7 day Western Caribbean
Norwegian Epic, Oct. 2012 - 7 day Western Mediterranean
Carnival Imagination, Dec. 2012 - 4 day Western Caribbean
Carnival Glory, Apr. 2013 - 7 day Western Caribbean
MSC Poesia, Oct. 2013 - 8 day Eastern Mediterranean
Carnival Breeze, June 2014 - 6 day Western Caribbean

Next, Carnival Sunshine, Dec. 2014 - 8 day Southern Caribbean

Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old April 21st, 2012, 03:26 AM
John Bull John Bull is online now
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Romsey England
Posts: 7,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzinbabe06 View Post
We're sailing on the Epic in Oct. and are in the midst of securing our shore excursions before they fill up. We're a group of 10 adults.

I found tour companies in Italy to accomodate our party. (Thanks to these boards). Haven't been that successful for Cannes, France and Provence (Marseille), France.

Does anyone know of a tour company who has vans big enough to hold 10 adults?

Mostly all of the agencies I've come across on these boards seat up to 8 pax.

One agency suggested I get another van. Which doubled our price.

We could get another van and try to get fellow pax to share with us. However, the 10 of us is large enough.

Anyone have this problem?

Thanks in advance
Two times eight-seaters is a nonsense.

Ten-seater isn't a worthwhile vehicle size in EU countries, there are more stringent driver & vehicle licensing regulations for vehicles with more than 8 seats.
Hence ten seaters are pretty rare. Some operators use vehicles with up to 8 seats, others jump up to bigger vans with 12 seats or more.
You shouldn't have a problem finding an operator with 12+ seaters, way cheaper than 2 x 8. You can decide for yourselves whether to seek sharers to make use of some of the spare seats.

JB
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:56 PM
Cruzinbabe06's Avatar
Cruzinbabe06 Cruzinbabe06 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 546
Default

That's the thing. I'm searching and searching and everyone has seating up to 8. That's it.

I'll keep searching.

Thank you
__________________
Marie,
RCCL, Sovereign of the Seas, Nov. 2002 - 4 day Bahamas
RCCL, Majesty of the Seas, Aug. 2003 - 4 day Bahamas
Carnival Imagination, Apr. 2004 - 4 day Western Caribbean
RCCL, Explorer of the Seas, June 2005 - 7 day Western Caribbean
RCCL, Majesty of the Seas, Sep. 2005 - 4 day Bahamas
Carnival Spirit, Feb. 2006 - 8 day Southern Caribbean
Carnival Liberty, Feb. 2007 - 8 day Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Jewel, Feb. 2008 - 7 day Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Imagination, Sep. 2009 - 4 day Western Caribbean
Carnival Spirit, Feb. 2010 - 8 day Mexican Riviera
Carnival Glory, Nov. 2010 - 7 day Western Caribbean
Carnival Valor, May 2011 - 7 day Western Caribbean
RCCL, Navigator of the Seas, Oct. 2011 - 7 day Eastern Mediterranean
Carnival Liberty, Mar. 2012 - 7 day Western Caribbean
Norwegian Epic, Oct. 2012 - 7 day Western Mediterranean
Carnival Imagination, Dec. 2012 - 4 day Western Caribbean
Carnival Glory, Apr. 2013 - 7 day Western Caribbean
MSC Poesia, Oct. 2013 - 8 day Eastern Mediterranean
Carnival Breeze, June 2014 - 6 day Western Caribbean

Next, Carnival Sunshine, Dec. 2014 - 8 day Southern Caribbean

Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old April 22nd, 2012, 09:15 PM
John Bull John Bull is online now
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Romsey England
Posts: 7,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzinbabe06 View Post
That's the thing. I'm searching and searching and everyone has seating up to 8. That's it.

I'll keep searching.

Thank you
Yep, it's hard work. Much more difficult than in the UK, where we have a lot of companies specialising in 12 - 16 seaters. But some UK companies which operate full-size (about 48 seater) coaches also operate minibuses, so I googled "Autocars Cannes" and "coach hire Cannes"
I've sifted those which also offer smaller vehicles by clicking on our fleet, nos vehicules, or similar.
There'll be more, but these via just the first couple of pages on google.

http://www.autocars-ponsot.com/en/tr...mouans-sartoux

http://www.executive-transport-servi...coach_hire.htm

http://www.marinaviptransport.fr/la-flotte.html

http://www.hervouetgroup.com/en/html/flotte.php

http://www.autocarsbaiedesanges.com/

JB
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old April 26th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Cruzinbabe06's Avatar
Cruzinbabe06 Cruzinbabe06 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
Yep, it's hard work. Much more difficult than in the UK, where we have a lot of companies specialising in 12 - 16 seaters. But some UK companies which operate full-size (about 48 seater) coaches also operate minibuses, so I googled "Autocars Cannes" and "coach hire Cannes"
I've sifted those which also offer smaller vehicles by clicking on our fleet, nos vehicules, or similar.
There'll be more, but these via just the first couple of pages on google.

http://www.autocars-ponsot.com/en/tr...mouans-sartoux

http://www.executive-transport-servi...coach_hire.htm

http://www.marinaviptransport.fr/la-flotte.html

http://www.hervouetgroup.com/en/html/flotte.php

http://www.autocarsbaiedesanges.com/

JB
Will check these out. Thanks very much
__________________
Marie,
RCCL, Sovereign of the Seas, Nov. 2002 - 4 day Bahamas
RCCL, Majesty of the Seas, Aug. 2003 - 4 day Bahamas
Carnival Imagination, Apr. 2004 - 4 day Western Caribbean
RCCL, Explorer of the Seas, June 2005 - 7 day Western Caribbean
RCCL, Majesty of the Seas, Sep. 2005 - 4 day Bahamas
Carnival Spirit, Feb. 2006 - 8 day Southern Caribbean
Carnival Liberty, Feb. 2007 - 8 day Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Jewel, Feb. 2008 - 7 day Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Imagination, Sep. 2009 - 4 day Western Caribbean
Carnival Spirit, Feb. 2010 - 8 day Mexican Riviera
Carnival Glory, Nov. 2010 - 7 day Western Caribbean
Carnival Valor, May 2011 - 7 day Western Caribbean
RCCL, Navigator of the Seas, Oct. 2011 - 7 day Eastern Mediterranean
Carnival Liberty, Mar. 2012 - 7 day Western Caribbean
Norwegian Epic, Oct. 2012 - 7 day Western Mediterranean
Carnival Imagination, Dec. 2012 - 4 day Western Caribbean
Carnival Glory, Apr. 2013 - 7 day Western Caribbean
MSC Poesia, Oct. 2013 - 8 day Eastern Mediterranean
Carnival Breeze, June 2014 - 6 day Western Caribbean

Next, Carnival Sunshine, Dec. 2014 - 8 day Southern Caribbean

Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:48 AM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.