Ato's Blue Lagoon Tour vs. PG Fakavara excursion

markser

Are the boats on Ato's tour covered? It would be nice to avoid too much sun time on the boat ride and save it for the beach and snorkeling? I read that the boats for the PG excursion are covered.

About how long is Ato's tour? The PG excursion seemed kind of short for the cost.

Thanks.

Are the boats on Ato's tour covered? It would be nice to avoid too much sun time on the boat ride and save it for the beach and snorkeling? I read that the boats for the PG excursion are covered.

About how long is Ato's tour? The PG excursion seemed kind of short for the cost.

Thanks.

Ato had two boats on our excursion to the Blue Lagoon----the larger of the two is covered. It holds maybe 8-10 people. The smaller is not covered, and it holds maybe 6 people. Ato's tour takes the better pert of the whole day--roughly 9AM to 4PM. Great excursion.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from the PG & took Ato's tour. Good news, bad news -- the good news is it was a fantastic excursion. We stopped to fish on our way to the Blue Lagoon & caught the fish they made for our lunch (I caught two of them!). The bad news is Ato was not on our tour -- his wife & son were in charge, & neither spoke English & evidently were not familiar with doing the tour. They went to the ship to pick us up, (we were at the dock as instructed), & they dropped us off at the ship (which got us reprimanded). One man on the excursion spoke limited English, & helped answer a couple questions, but overall, we felt very isolated. When we arrived at the BEAUTIFUL Blue Lagoon, we recognized others from the PG -- it's where the ship's tour took them. We enjoyed our longer day there & additional snorkeling stops. Overall it was very enjoyable, but would not book again unless Ato was going to be on the excursion.

Hi 2animalvrs,

Sorry to hear that you had an ok time with Ato's trip. We didnt have Ato either just Franck and his friend. They too spoke no english but it didnt seem to matter to us.

Also interesting to know that the ships excursion is to the same motu. That is good/bad as it takes away the privacy of the place but thankfully the ships trip is for only half a day for the same price if I am not mistaken or very similar price.

Before going the last time I sent an email to Ato the day before using Google translate in french to make sure all was understood.

Did you spear fish ... what an experience it must have been. Did you stop at the pink sand bar on the way back?

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your cruise.

I took the Pg excursion and it was one of the best excursions. I told John in the travel department that the description of this tour did not do it justice. Our tour was 3 1/2 hours. We went to the blue lagoon and stopped at the pink sand bar. This had to be one of the most beautiful places on earth. I swam with 2 black tipped sharks in the lagoon. The tour guides cut opened fresh coconuts for us to drink coconut water. The snorkeling was awesome. There was no one but the ten of us on the island. The boat was covered and one of the travel desk agents was on the tour. Highly recommend!!!!!

Also interesting to know that the ships excursion is to the same motu. That is good/bad as it takes away the privacy of the place but thankfully the ships trip is for only half a day for the same price if I am not mistaken or very similar price.

I would agree that it is great that more people will get to experience this piece of paradise, but also agree that one of the things that made it special were the small number of people on Ato's excursion. Really provided a sense of being isolated in paradise.

• 2 months later...

We went in July with Ato, and it was the highlight of our trip. I loved the Blue Lagoon, more than words can say. He does such a great job keeping it simple and letting the beauty of nature and Tahiti working for him. I would do this excursion with him in a heartbeat.

Archived