Liberty 6/9 sailing

joyce&bob

Just wondering; anyone else on this cruise

found it to be constantly loud?

why were soo many people always getting portraits taken?

crowded on deck 5?

All and all a very enjoyable cruise but the noise & crowds got a bit much..

That was my experience last year on Liberty. Noise and Crowds, and noisey crowds. Really made me think twice, or twenty times, about our upcoming booking on Splendor, so we upgraded from Inside to Ocean View for a better refuge.

We'd been on Spirit twice and didn't have that reaction so maybe it's only Liberty? I'm curious what others think. Thanks for posting. m--

Felt the same way about our crusie on the Liberty 5/12. Very noisy and crowded, especially on Promenade in the evening. Always jammed with photographers lined up one next to another. The volume of the music on the Lido Deck around the pool was almost unbearable. Didn't notice the noise or crowds like this on our last Legend cruise. Have a FCC and thinking about getting a refund based on the noise level on the Liberty. Have been cruising Carnival lately because we like a more lively crowd, but based on the Liberty, we may be going back to RCCL or Celebrity. Hopefully, others can provide insight on recent cruises on other ships in the fleet.

Just wondering; anyone else on this cruise

found it to be constantly loud?

why were soo many people always getting portraits taken?

crowded on deck 5?

All and all a very enjoyable cruise but the noise & crowds got a bit much..

Glad to hear I wasn't alone....beginning to think I was just an ole fuddy duddy...

Felt the same way about our crusie on the Liberty 5/12. Very noisy and crowded, especially on Promenade in the evening. Always jammed with photographers lined up one next to another. The volume of the music on the Lido Deck around the pool was almost unbearable. Didn't notice the noise or crowds like this on our last Legend cruise. Have a FCC and thinking about getting a refund based on the noise level on the Liberty. Have been cruising Carnival lately because we like a more lively crowd, but based on the Liberty, we may be going back to RCCL or Celebrity. Hopefully, others can provide insight on recent cruises on other ships in the fleet.

Never on RCCL so can't comment but Celebrity Constellation was wonderful. We felt like we had the place to ourselves, excellent passenger to space ratio and classy line, but it costs more unless you can watch and find a really good deal. m--

Wasn't on the 6/9 cruise, but was on the one before that, on 6/2. I didn't find it overly "loud" or crowded. Yes, the promenade deck was jammed up with photographers and passengers between 7-9 p.m. on both elegant nights, but other than that not too bad.

Since you get different passengers for each cruise, it would seem odd for the cruise ship to be loud on all the sailings...unless something like the aggressive photography could be the culprit on most of the cruises...or maybe a combination of things unique to this ship (what might they be?)...this is an interesting thread...:)

Now I'm worried. Sailing on 7/7 and it looks like it is sold out. I don't mind loud during the day but how was the night time sleeping wise? We are in an inside on deck 7 . I really need sleep!lol.....

Sleeping was fine - but it depends somewhat on your neighbors.

Some of our group was on deck 10 inside - they had a crying infant next door. We were on deck 11 balcony cabin 1115 only had one neighbor and they were great... So...it depends. But, with a full ship the hallways can be busy and with busy comes noise. Again, never had this kind of congestion on any other ship.

The noise came to play on deck 5 & deck 3 & the pool deck - Loud music all the time - tried to sit and have a quite drink & could not. The Serenity area is probably quiet. But we were traveling with grandkids.

Serenity Area was not so serene, as the loud music from the pool deck is always present. We ended up at the Aft Pool. Much more relaxing than even the Serenity Deck. Not a fuddy duddy either, just like to hear others when speaking.

I was on this sailing as well and I agree, it was a nut house! We cruised on Liberty last year and I don't remember it being so crazy. We were on Deck 7 (supposedly the quietest deck) and we heard noise till the wee hours of the morning each night. I suppose it could have had something to do with the 1,000! kids on board :)

Now I'm worried. Sailing on 7/7 and it looks like it is sold out. I don't mind loud during the day but how was the night time sleeping wise? We are in an inside on deck 7 . I really need sleep!lol.....

No need to worry, not really within your control. Expect a bit more noise on summer cruises as there are typically more children cruising in the summer. You never know what the passenger "make-up" will be. Enjoy the cruise... the Liberty is wonderful!!

Archived