Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > British Isles/Western Europe

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

British Isles/Western Europe Amsterdam, Brugge, Dublin, Edinburgh, London (Dover, Harwich, Southampton)

Old August 2nd, 2012, 01:37 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default How to get from Zeebrugge to Brussels

I have been doing research on how to get from the port of Zeebrugge to Brussels. It is so confusing. I have read about taking a bus from Zeebrugge to Bruges and then a train to Brussels. And something about a coastal tram. And then I read the train station in Zeebrugge is only open June - August. OMG!!

Can anyone tell me the straighforward answer to get from Zeebrugge to Brussels?? Price is not that important - just convenience. I'm okay with buses, trains, whatever. I just can't figure out where everything is in relation to the port.

Thanks =)

Michael

Crystal Serenity, Eastern Caribbean
Maasdam, Canada/New England
Norwegian Star, Mexican Riviera
Norwegian Sun, Alaska/Sawyer Glacier
Norwegian Jade, Western Mediterranean
Celebrity Equinox, Eastern Mediterrean
Celebrity Summit, Bermuda
Celebrity Reflection, Northern Europe
Celebrity Infinity, South America
Celebrity Silhouette, Adriatic/Mediterranean

UPCOMING!

Azamara Journey, South America
Westerdam, Alaska/Glacier Bay
Celebrity Solstice, Australia/South Pacific
Azamara Journey, Turkey/Greek Isles
Celebrity Constellation Arabian Sea/India

Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:22 AM
5,000+ Club

Excellent hourly rail service to Brussels (Bruxelles) from Blankenberge, its the same train as many of your fellow-passengers will be taking as far as Bruges. Do double-check, but I think it leaves at 11mins past the hour.

From Zeebrugge to the rail station at Blankenberge is about 2 to 3 miles. Probably your ship will be running a transfer to the station, on some cruise lines such as P&O its free but it'll only be a few dollars if its charged.
That's your simplest transfer.
Or there'll be taxis at the quayside, but they'll be looking for €50 fares to Bruges & will probably decine the little hop to Blankenberge.
Or the tram, the "kusttram" runs right past the port gate. No tramstop at that point, but it'll be a short walk in one direction or the other. You need to buy a ticket before you board, there'll be a kiosk or a local shop by the tramstop. There's a tramstop right outside the train station in Blankenberge.

For your return train from Brussels, doublecheck if the train splits when it gets to Bruges & make sure you're on the right end of the train for Blankenberge.

Easier than I've made it seem.

JB