Carnival Breeze Transatlantic Cruise 06-21 November

CHAPEAU

Late Review, decided to write one after hearing from the $600.00 complainers and the low rate of satisfacation from guests concerning this new ship. I really think that this ship deserves a higher rating considering the low cost passengers pay for crusing on this ship and I sincerely believe that Carnival out did themselves on this new carnival breeze. As far as I can see Carnaval ships are made and are promoted for the mass, lots of passengers, at a good price, fun ship etc so if you are expecting 5 star services on a ship that is sailing with 4500 persons there is a good chance that you will stand in line and wait for your eggs.

My wife and I booked the transatlantic cruise from Barcelona to Miami, first transatlantic this was our seventh cruise we have cruised with princess, celebrity and Holland, I am one of them that said I would never cruise on a Carnival Ship why did I book this one well the price was right, brand new ship, opportunity to visit europe for the first time I just retired this past June and it was kind of retirement present and I hoped for the best on this Carnival ship.

We spent 3 days in Barcelona prior to this cruise which was really great we enjoyed barcelona very much and did all of the tourist things you are suppose to do in Barcelona weather was great , food etc, I did go without out my baggage for the first two days in Barcelona the air line from Montreal to Heathrow apparently miss placed it. I did get in time for the cruise this did not put to much of a damper on the start of our vacation yea right ? We stayed at the Universal Barcelona which was really close to the port and la rambla we had a metro station just outside of the hotel front door making it easy to go to any part of the city.

Embarkation, Barcelona cruise port excellent , we were checked in and boarded the ship within 30 minutes which was great, checked in with 16 bottles of water, 3 bottles of wine and 12 beer cans that I bought in town. No problem with security, bought more beer and wine at other port of calls in Palma, Malaga, and Las Palmas and no problem with security of ship. Upon entering the ship at approx 1230 hrs we headed for our room, we had booked a cove balcony I always go straight to our room upon entering the ship, to drop off the heavy load of water and beer, we met up with Gary our room attendant and as per other cruises I asked him to bring me a huge bucket of ice every day not the ice bucket in the room but one they use for the beer buckets which he did everyday. The cove balconey rooms are just great we were mid-ship so no problem with water on our balcony, next time I may book another cove balcony ours was just in front of a laundry room this is where I met and heard lots of passengers complain, they were camped out in front of my door in the hall way had lots of discussions concerning this cruise this is how I got to baptise the $600.00 complainers that paid to be on this ship for 15 days at this price complaining about everything and anything but I did meet great people also at the laundry room. Was able to assist lots of people with the laundry machines etc.

THE SHIP:

I tried not to compare with the other ships that we sailed on but thats hard not to do , this ship is really a nice ship as far as I am concerned, the ship is well though out , its a new ship and compared to other Carnival ships that I saw pictures of and video they really towned down on the colours. The room that we had was really great much nicer than the ones I had on the crown princess and I love the crown princess but not as nice as the one on the celebrity equinox, but nicer than the one on the nieuw amsterdam, so this is where my wife said to stop comparing, the carnival breeze is a beautiful ship and she is right, but the piazza on the princess is much nicer than the one on the breeze, stop enough, enjoy your cruise which we did .

Your time Dining and Food . In general the food was very good, was it served luke warm, at times yes, did I return it, no, no problem with saphire dining room service we had Maroush, emberto, and Tamas, they were just great we asked for them everytime we went to the dining room and never waited more than 5 minutes to be seated, we met another couple from Montreal that we knew so we shared a table with them throughout the cruise another couple joined us a few times during the cruise and we never had a problem getting a table with the same wait staff, we did tip every night we ate in the dining room. Food 8/10. The service throughout the ship on our cruise was very good whatever I asked for I got promptly.

Ask and if they have it you will get it, remember 3600 to 4500 passengers ?

Pools. Over crowded and small hey your on a ship, to cool off I used the water slides a few times not over crowded than again very few kids on this cruise. Played mini putt everyday did not try the sky course but all of this area was very good, hotdog stand is now apparently open in this area.

General.

As I said, I would never cruise on a carnaval ship, my wife and I are easy going people we adjust to basically anything this cruise was really great, the weather was exceptional during the transatlantic crossing, sea days were great always something to do, the ship was carrying 3600 passengers which was great for this ship size, my son did the mediterranean cruise on this same ship in August with over 4500 passengers, although he enjoyed the port of calls, the ship was over crowded and not enjoyable. He did say that the ship was very nice which assured me.

Dis-embarkation. Not good the crew and staff had to go through custom being that this ship was its first time in Miami and then us, therfore everyone was late off of the ship not a big deal for us but I think it may of been for some passengers.

Will I cruise on Carnival again probably so, am I sold to them not really, my next cruise is on the celebrity silhouette out of Fort Lauderdale in April but I will keep peaking at other carnival cruises.

Keep in mind that you get what you pay for, Carnival have great deals, good ships, but please do not expect 5 star service for a three star price.

I got up every morning and served my wife a coffee at the lido and I really enjoyed it especially at the price that I paid for this cruise. And so if the hard boiled egg was to cooked suck it up butter cup. Don't take it down to guess services for review. This apparently did happen.  

Johnny from Montreal

This ship deserves a 75-80 % satisfaction rating as far as I am concerned ? Not 59 %.

The comedians at the comedy club were really good, the adult show I saw them all, one of them was medicore but hey I really did not pay much for this cruise no big deal Carnival Breeze is a beautiful ship for the caribbean will there lots of passengers absolutely will you wait in line sure be patient enjoy and give your mat/partner a 5 star cruise my wife and I did.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Thanks for posting! My lovely wife joined you on the transatlantic, and pretty much agrees with everything you posted. She was VERY happy with the ship in general, and had a great time aboard. She loves sitting by the pool on sea days, and had no problem getting a lounger, or finding a nice spot for her relaxing sea days. Yes, we've been pretty much "Carnival People" for the last couple of years, but are, at least, Platinum on almost all the other lines as well. I agree 100% with you that Carnival absolutely gives you your moneys worth on their Fun Cruises, including "Breeze". :cool:

"SKY"

Thanks for the review.

The rating may go up or down depending on future reviews of the ship and also Carnival's attention to the details they seem to be missing. I try to read a lot of reviews (positive and negative) and make decisions based on a lot of information. That means every review is potentially important to my cruising decisions.

Thanks again!!

Archived