HUrricanes??

pretty1111

Hmmmm so the top story on the AOL news page today wsa the 13 hurricanes expected to hit this year....I know the hurricane season begins June 1.....anyone have any experience with this??? We cruise from 5/28 to 6/4, and with the high winds, etc delaying Glory lately I am worried!!!!!

Try to relax a little......though the "season" starts on June 1st it is unusual to have named storms that might threaten until August.....and yes, I live in Florida....not that means I know anything :confused: Just sail away and don't worry....the ships are BIG and the Captain's know what they're doing (hopefully).

I usually Cruise at least twice every Hurricane Season for the past three years, never had a Cruise disrupted.

Three Hurricanes (Charlie,Jeanne,Francis) hit house last year, Jeanne and Frances causing damage as they exited right over us. For Floridians your odds are better on a Cruise. Ship's avoid storms and go to alternate ports.

:eek:

Hmmmm so the top story on the AOL news page today wsa the 13 hurricanes expected to hit this year....I know the hurricane season begins June 1.....anyone have any experience with this??? We cruise from 5/28 to 6/4, and with the high winds, etc delaying Glory lately I am worried!!!!!

Every year, they give a list of names that will be used for hurricanes, and it doesn't mean they are predicting that many.

FYI - I live beachfront on the MS Gulf Coast, and am (unfortunately) very familiar with hurricane season. August and September are the worst months on record; however, I still prefer to cruise in early September. Most of my cruises have been in September, and I have a cruise booked for September of this year. I have yet to experience any bad weather during any of my cruises. Remember - hurricane season is six months long - and that means that half of the people who cruise are on the seas during that time.;)

Most of the time the beginning of the season is the safest.... I live in Florida and last time the hurricanes hit all the boats that were out at sea just took a different route and stayed out at sea for an extra day... you have nothing to worry about! They know what they are doing :)

Another hurricane-weary Floridian weighing in here! You are cruising when we typically cruise with our family. We do not have any cruises planned for this year (yet) because of some family/medical issues (MIL w/major medical problems moved in with us and we are buying a larger home). HOWEVER, we usually cruise during late May/early June and have NEVER had any problems with hurricanes during that timeframe. As others have said, the peak season for hurricanes is August/September -- you should have no worries! We've also cruised in the fall without any problems; you can rest assured the captain will take whatever measures needed to keep his ship and passengers out of harm's way.

Appreciate the posts, as we are sailing Sept. 4, on Elation.

Cotton, are you with us?

No, I like being able to drive to ports, and have decided to have yet another happy five nights on the (surprise!) ... Holiday.:) But thx for asking!

So, if a ship has to changes ports of call, what do they do about the excursions you have already booked? Do they just change them to an excursion in the new port or are you stuck? I have wondered about this. I'm trying to decide on excursions now for October.:rolleyes:

So, if a ship has to changes ports of call, what do they do about the excursions you have already booked? Do they just change them to an excursion in the new port or are you stuck? I have wondered about this. I'm trying to decide on excursions now for October.:rolleyes:

You get reimbursed and the port fees from that port is deducted from your sail and sign cards. And you don't have to pay for the pictures that they didn't take getting off of the ship :rolleyes:

Archived