Thank You Carnival...

MrTexasAggie

My DW, our six kids and I are booked on the Magic in June. We had a balcony 8C cabin and an inside stateroom right across the hall booked. So I saw the sale on Carnival's site this morning and did a mock booking for my same cruise and found that the priced dropped over a 1200 dollars total. I booked Easy Saver as Early Saver was not offered at the time of booking. I knew I wouldn't get onboard credit before I called, but thought I would call and ses if there was anything they could do. I explained that as a past guest that I understand I wasn't eligible for OBC and knew that. I'm not a person by nature who wants stuff for free. I don't do that. Flame if you want, but a 1200 dollars is a lot of money regardless of who you are. So, they upgraded both cabins to Spa Balconies separated by one room because they were unable to give OBC due to the rate code. I told them I appreciated that. I was happy with it. Thank you Carnival for taking care of us. Just giving them a thumbs up and Gig 'em...:D

My DW, our six kids and I are booked on the Magic in June. We had a balcony 8C cabin and an inside stateroom right across the hall booked. So I saw the sale on Carnival's site this morning and did a mock booking for my same cruise and found that the priced dropped over a 1200 dollars total. I booked Easy Saver as Early Saver was not offered at the time of booking. I knew I wouldn't get onboard credit before I called, but thought I would call and ses if there was anything they could do. I explained that as a past guest that I understand I wasn't eligible for OBC and knew that. I'm not a person by nature who wants stuff for free. I don't do that. Flame if you want, but a 1200 dollars is a lot of money regardless of who you are. So, they upgraded both cabins to Spa Balconies separated by one room because they were unable to give OBC due to the rate code. I told them I appreciated that. I was happy with it. Thank you Carnival for taking care of us. Just giving them a thumbs up and Gig 'em...:D

That's fantastic, your family will love having the 2 balconies. I too got an upgrade this morning, very excited.

Yes, Carnival helped us out last night as well. We booked our family of 5 in one deluxe ocean view room for the Breeze in June. We booked it as Early Saver, but the price on our cabin is still $800 more than we booked for. However, the price for two deluxe ocean view rooms (one for the 3 kids and one for me and DH) comes to only $64 more in total. When we called, they said we couldn't do it because it was technically a downgrade from a 6n to a 6M, and because we booked early saver, we aren't allowed to downgrade, but we asked them if they could make an exception, and they did!

It' s probably because we gave up a room selling for 800 more than we paid and were give them more money (64), but I don't care...they did it and we now have two rooms instead of one and moved from the Riviera deck to Main, so I'm a happy camper!

Archived