Room Service Question Please

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Costa Cruises
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:01 PM.
#1
Montreal,Canada
216 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
If you take a Premium Cabin on Costa Deliziosa is Room Service free? Does it also include ordering breakfast for free?
Thank you
#2
Germany
3,629 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
For Premium Cabin, there is not any room service surcharge but the items you order are chargeable.

Breakfast is absulote free for both items ordered and surcharge.

Ron
#3
Montreal,Canada
216 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Originally posted by G.M.T.
For Premium Cabin, there is not any room service surcharge but the items you order are chargeable.

Breakfast is absulote free for both items ordered and surcharge.

Ron
Ron, let me understand please, breakfast is free, right? Is this for all cabins? or Suites and Premium?

Does any one have a list of what is available for room service and the prices?

Thank You!!!
#4
Mississauga ON
1,598 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
If I recall correctly, breakfast has not been free for a couple of years now, but I could be thinking of somebody else (that´s what happens when you take too many cruises) or they could have changed the policy regarding premium cabins. Updated information to follow next week.
#5
394 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
Originally posted by Dancer Bob
If I recall correctly, breakfast has not been free for a couple of years now, but I could be thinking of somebody else (that´s what happens when you take too many cruises) or they could have changed the policy regarding premium cabins. Updated information to follow next week.
you are correct. it has been a couple years since everyone had breakfast included.

in answer to the OP's question, I was in a grand suite for 10 days (mediterranea, Caribbean) in November 2012. I never saw a room service menu - even after repeated requests for one. to costa's credit. though, when I did ask for one they ask 'what would you like' - I said a bowl of chips (I was puckish) and the butler brought one.
#6
Montreal,Canada
216 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Originally posted by AnonymousCruiser69
you are correct. it has been a couple years since everyone had breakfast included.

in answer to the OP's question, I was in a grand suite for 10 days (mediterranea, Caribbean) in November 2012. I never saw a room service menu - even after repeated requests for one. to costa's credit. though, when I did ask for one they ask 'what would you like' - I said a bowl of chips (I was puckish) and the butler brought one.
And were you charged for the chips?
#7
Montreal,Canada
216 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Hi All,

Made a quick investigation into this matter and came up with the following:

Premium Cabins occupy a privileged position on the higher decks of the ship and offer some delightful treats, including Free continental breakfast on request, served in your cabin. Free cabin service ( 24-hour Room Service ) and the option to make a dinner reservation for the restaurant. Plus, 10% off on your next cruise to be taken in the next 2 years.

I hope we will have to request only once ( for the breakfast ) and not have to place the request everyday, too much time consuming.
We usually don't go for the big breakfast, but like to have a tea or coffee, a bit of fruit or toast and sometimes yogurt.