Timing Southampton to Heathrow

I was requesting car service from Southampton to Heathrow at the end of my cruise. I believe our ship gets in at 5am on a Sunday . I was going to meet a car at 8am, my flight is 1:30pm. Is that sufficient time or should I request earlier?

I always try to get to the airport early, absolutely don't want to fret thru security and run to my gate...been there and one that. Not a god way to end a trip.

8am should be fine. As its a Sunday, traffic should be light :rolleyes:, and you should easily get to LHR by 10.30am...possibly earlier. If you are a bit 'worried' , do self disembark (normally about 7.30am) just to give yourself that extra bit of time...or ask the car service; they know how long it takes!

Simn

A 1.30 flight should be OK any day of the week.

On a sunday it's a doddle.:)

Journey time is likely to be only about 75 minutes. Latest airport check-in is usually 60 or 90 mins ahead of flight-time, but I'm guessing you'll want to be at the airport around 3 hours head of your flight.

Even if the motorway is closed while they scrape the remains of some Saturday-nite drunk-driver off the tarmac (it happens :rolleyes:), alternate routes won't be gridlocked on a sunday morning.

Depending on your cruise line's policy on staggered disembarkation, you'll probably have to request an early slot to be on the quay for 8am.

Or, as Simon mentioned, you can opt for unassisted disembarkation, ie keep your baggage in your cabin overnite & haul it off the ship yourselves.

JB :)

Archived