Streetcar to Cruise Terminal??

SETXCruiser

Hello-

Thinking about staying at the Hilton on the Riverwalk pre cruise on the Conquest... Found out today (while staying at the Hilton on business) that the garage offers a $12 a day rate for cruisers. All you have to do is bring in a cruiseline luggage tag when you return.

Does anyone have experience taking the Riverfront streetcar line to the cruise terminal? Would it be quicker and easier than taking a cab from the hotel or a shuttle from the port parking lot and sitting in all the traffic coming and going from the pier?

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks-

Kirk

The Streetcar does not go all the way to the terminal. You could walk through the Riverwalk Mall which is not bad at all but you might find a cab more convenient at $7-$8 per person. We stayed at the Hilton Riverside prior to our last cruise. Very nice hotel.

Actually, I think it sorta does. There are two stops in the vicinity of the terminals. But I personally wouldn't want to try to haul luggage on one of the streetcars.

The Julia Street stop is close to terminal 2 and John Churchill Chase is close to terminal 1. HOWEVER, with John Churchill Chase, you would have to go up an escalator or an elevator and then down some stairs to get to the terminal. Note: Neither escalator was working when I was there and I didn't try the elevator.

I also noticed a skywalk across the Convention Center, which was, of course, closed. Has is ever been open? I dunno, but it is there and the other side is not quite, but close to across the street from Hampton Inn on Convention Blvd.

And what an opportunity to waste some more bandwidth!

Julia Street Stop

5ZGet2nMXId3PZXxppP5Kw0QBFayOU9X0300.jpg

This way to John Churchill Chase (and Skyway?)

Wqn+8Ehb+aVHR5Fl3pnZOLP4NTwSKKrj0300.jpg

JCC:

And down these stairs:

Love the pics !

I did'nt want anyone to get the impression that they could get on the streetcar and just step off at the pier. Your pics pretty much explain why. We need to coordinate our efforts!LOL !

I took a closer look after my original post and kinda figured it would be difficult with luggage...

Is the port parking situation as bad as everyone makes it sound?

Thanks again for the recommendations and the Pics!

Kirk

Archived