scuba questions

merryecho

Are you talking about Discover Scuba?? It's really not a certification, it just allows you to do the beginning dives on that particular cruise.

It's usually offered on the 1st port day which is Huahine on the 10 nite sailing, not sure about the other itineraries. My husband took the class & did 2 beginning dives in June/July and really enjoyed it!! Jean Michel Costeau was on our sailing which made it even more special for him. GG

The WEB answers all of your questions including the availability of obtaining your "open water certification" or just the beginners "discovers Scuba" which allows limited diving.

You may want to consider getting your certification at home. This way you will experience diving at a little higher level..

A little late to start real certification, we leave friday. Dean, by the WEB do you mean a PG site, or the wwweb? I still don't have my cruise docs from them, so can only access public web page.

I don't plan on getting too adventurous, probably will scuba dive where i can stand up with my head out of water, so beginner course should be fine.

It's simple. Just Google Paul Gauguin and go to their "onboard' tab. It talks about Scuba activities.

I was under the impression that the beginner dives are usually under ten feet, but FightMedic555 may have better information when he or she mentioned 25-35 feet. In any case the beginners dive will be great. It may even encourage you to take up the sport when you go home ---assuming there is water at home.

We are not going until next May for our 50th Wedding anniversary. I was thinking about taking her to Las Vegas for a few days, but she told me that after putting up with me for 49 years, Bora Bora was the least I could do. What could I say but Yes dear. How else could I remain married for 50 years.

Have fun.

Archived