Replacement for EasyCruise

As I understand it EasyCruise went out of business a few years ago. Does anyone know of any cruise line that uses the same business model, particularly in the Eastern Med/Greek islands? I did some reading on EasyCruise (in particular to their cruises of the greek islands) and their model sounds right down my alley. I love long port times, smaller offbeat ports of call and don't need many of the amenities offered on larger ships. I'd love to do some sort of cruise to the greek islands that is REALLY focused on the islands and not the ship. Does anyone know of such a company? Yes, sure I could use the ferries that ply the waters of the greek islands to do an island hopping type vacation, but EasyCruise seemed ideal.

It's not a cruise, but the ferry system between the Greek Isles is like the Greyhound bus line of the Aegean. You could easily go from island to island and stay at any for as long as you'd like. Of course, this wouldn't be a cruise and you'd be in and out of hotels and living out of a suitcase, but you'd get to see the islands in depth and at your own pace.

• 2 months later...

I hear ya Swissguy - We did an 'easycruise' as our first ocean cruise - and it was great! Sadly though, when we did it, it was easy to see how the business model was not going to work as it attracted people like us that want to spend their time (and money) off the boat, so they really didn't have any 'high profit' revenue streams (the cruise itself was 'dirt' cheap).

It wasn't long before they attempted to convert to a 'required meal plan' which would help them in terms of profit but in the end when it would then be about the same cost as larger ships with amenities, they couldn't seem to compete anymore.

the closest thing I have found is for cruises in Croatia - http://www.freightercruises.com/cruise_croatia.php

which is more of that 'floating hostel' model with breakfast and lunch included so you would still spend your evenings off the boat.