Palm Beach or Eagle Beach

lele100

We are going in January to Aruba on the Breeze, I was wondering which beach would you suggest. We are looking for a beach that has restaurants, bars, activity's on the beach. Any help or pictures would be great. Also if we want to rent palapas can we? and how much would they cost

Thanks

It sounds like Palm Beach is where you want to go. It has everything you've described. The palapas are generally at the hotels and for the guests, but you can rent umbrellas, chairs and all sorts of water toys for a reasonable price. I can't remember the exact cost for the rentals, but it usually cost about $10 a piece for chairs and another $10 or $20 for an umbrella depending on what size you want.

If you click on my review in my signature of the Carnival Freedom trip, you can get to my review and lots of pictures of Palm Beach. Aruba is near the end of the review.

From the ship, you can easily catch the bus that will take you to the beach for $2.30 each way (I read the price may have gone up a little). It takes about 30 minutes by bus. There are numerous stops to choose from, but we got off between the Radisson and the Riu at DePalm Pier. The public has complete access to the beach in front of the resorts and there are plenty of shops, restaurants, and bars to choose from.

If you want to get there or back quicker, you can grab a cab for $14 each way. They are easiest to find by walking to the lobby of one of the hotels. I love the grounds of the Radisson-so that is my place of choice.

Enjoy!

Eagle Beach

Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort

Beach chair rental

Full day rental $15 each

Half day rental $10 each

Free wifi

Passions Beach Bar & Restaurant with beach service

No shade palapas available

Taxi fare $10 each way for a maximum of 5 people, with an additional $3 charge on Sundays & holidays

MVC Eagle Beach Resort

Beach chair rental

Full day rental $10 each

Half day rental $5 each

Tulip Restaurant (across the street from the beach)- breakfast, lunch, dinner & drinks

Free wifi

Restrooms

Shower

Changing room

Shade palapas available

Taxi fare $10 each way for a maximum of 5 people, with an additional $3 charge on Sundays & holidays

Source

Surfside Beach

Reflextions Beach http://www.beach-aruba.com

Beach chair and

Full day rental $12.00

Bar & restaurant

Free wifi

Swimming pool

Showers

Restrooms

Taxi fare $7 each way for a maximum of 5 people, with an additional $3 charge on Sundays & holidays or 1 mile walking distance along the new linear park

Palm Beach

MoomBa Beach http://moombabeach.com/

Beach chairs

Float rentals

Restrooms

Free wi-fi

Beach service

Kitchen open 8 am to 11 pm

all inclusive day pass in Aruba?

Edited by Arubalisa

Thank you for your replies, this will come in handy. So it looks like it will be Palm Beach, (funny that is where I live, but in Florida)

Moomba Beach Bar sounds interesting. What area would I tell the cab driver to drop us off at?

Thanks

The taxi should be able to drop you off at MoomBa. If the driver is "difficult" ask for Hadicurari Restaurant which is next door, OR the Holiday Inn. If you are dropped off at the Holiday Inn main lobby you will need to walk a short way down the beach.

Outside the lobby of the Holiday Inn would probably be the easiest place to find a taxi to return to the ship unless someone from MoomBa will phone one for you.

Otherwise if you choose to go down to the vendors between the Riu and Radisson, just ask the driver to drop you off at the entrance to De Palm PIER. Walk from there out towards the ocean and there are two vendors on the right hand side.

• 4 weeks later...

Palm Beach at the Radisson (foot of De Palm Pier)

palm_beach_panoramae_thumb.jpg

Palm Beach at the Riu facing south

palm_beach_panoramaf_thumb.jpg

Amsterdam Manor Beach/Eagle Beach

beacha_thumb.jpg

click on thumbnails to enlarge

Water was much calmer on Palm Beach than Eagle Beach. :)

Edited by Arubalisa

• 2 years later...
Palm Beach at the Radisson (foot of De Palm Pier)

palm_beach_panoramae_thumb.jpg

Palm Beach at the Riu facing south

palm_beach_panoramaf_thumb.jpg

Amsterdam Manor Beach/Eagle Beach

beacha_thumb.jpg

click on thumbnails to enlarge

Water was much calmer on Palm Beach than Eagle Beach. :)

What time of year were these pictures taken? It looks packed.

• 4 weeks later...