Anyone got any Info advice on Cruising excursions.com?

davedex

We are going to the med later this year and have come across the above company and was wondering if they were any good? I have spoken to them and they advise that they are only about 4 yrs old and that things have got much better recently, (the reviews on trip advisor are not all good!). They say that they promise to get you back to the ship or they will pay to get you to the next port ( but never had to do that which is good). They seem much cheaper than others but I wonder if you get what you pay for?

Wasn't sure about asking this, but as I saw other posts asking about the same kind of thing so I guess it must be ok

If anyone has any info it would be really appreciated

We are going to the med later this year and have come across the above company and was wondering if they were any good? I have spoken to them and they advise that they are only about 4 yrs old and that things have got much better recently, (the reviews on trip advisor are not all good!). They say that they promise to get you back to the ship or they will pay to get you to the next port ( but never had to do that which is good). They seem much cheaper than others but I wonder if you get what you pay for?

Wasn't sure about asking this, but as I saw other posts asking about the same kind of thing so I guess it must be ok

Did you do a search on this board re the name you are asking about? I think this question has been asked.

Frankly, the worry of getting back to the ship on time far out-weighs the cost of the trip. Of COURSE they are going to tell you that things have gotten better recently--they want the business! Also, just b/c they say that they will get you to the next port---I still wouldn't chance it. You get what you pay for. Stick with a reputable company and then u won't have to be so worried about getting back to the ship on time.

Edited by 24butterfly

Yes I think that my gut instinct is the way to go, usually if something looks too good to be true, it probably is. At the end of the day I believe that they are just an agent that use local guides so they are only as good as the guides themselves. Will go with a local family run business instead like cbm tours!

• 6 months later...

Glad that you found a company that suited you and had a great time. You are quite correct in saying that cruisingexcursions.com is just an agent. The problem with agents is that the quality of a tour depends on which company is actually operating it on the day. Also, if you have specific requirements, it's a lot easier to deal with the operator direct, rather than asking questions via a third party.