Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

River Cruising Find Others on Your River Cruise! River Cruising Roll Calls

Old June 26th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Uniworld Daily Itineraries

Hi everyone,

I'm having fun perusing the "dailies" that were posted for a Viking cruise in a thread today. Does Uniworld offer something like this? I've read their Cruise Companion, but I'd love to see what other type of information they offer (I'm a type A planner).

Specifically, the Danube Discover & Prague trip is what I'm interested in, but I'd be happy seeing anything.

And for folks that have been on a Uniworld all-inclusive cruise in Germany this year ... can you get beer with breakfast? It's a German tradition fro my husband
1/25/97 - Splendour of the Seas
10/95 - Carnival Tropicale
10/31/93 - Monarch of the Seas

Check out my travel blog: http://www.grosstravelchronicles.blogspot.com

Old June 27th, 2014, 02:54 AM
Cool Cruiser

Well, I recently enjoyed the Uniworld "Castles Along the Rhine" cruise, and was again reminded that one of the reasons I like cruises is that I do NOT have to plan, plan, plan. Our Cruise Director took about 15 minutes each evening to give us all a quick overview of the next day's activities and excursions.

As for beer with breakfast, I did not see anyone ordering or drinking any beer at breakfast.

By the way, I enjoyed the Uniworld experience so much, that I've already booked the "Enchanting Danube" trip for next May.
  • Uniworld, Jewels of the Nile/Lk Nasser, 2010
  • Uniworld Castles of the Rhine, SS Antoinette, 2014

Old June 27th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

I'm sure they would bring beer if you asked. Since it's all-inclusive, and the beer is there, no reason why not! They did have a nice Weißbier on board; I think that's the traditional breakfast beer...

I have the dailies for our Castles on the Rhine cruise from April. I will scan them and post them in my trip report.

Last: Silver Cloud - North Atlantic - Tower Bridge to Reykjavik - August 2014 - (photo review)

Future:

**Silver Cloud - Eastern Med - Istanbul to Athens - October 2014

Past:
SS Antoinette (Uniworld) - Castles on the Rhine - Basel to Amsterdam - April 2014 (photo review)
Silver Explorer - Central America - Colon to Puerto Caldera - October 2013 (
photo review)
Avalon Affinity - Danube - Vienna to Passau - June 2013 (flooded! - awesome land trip instead ) (blog)
MS Sun Boat III - Nile River - November 2012 (pics1) (pics2)
Silver Wind - Athens to Rome - June 2012 (report) (Greece pics) (Italy pics)
Celebrity Xpedition - Galapagos - November 2011 (Peru pics) (Galapagos pics)
Silver Explorer - Longyearbyen to Tromso - August 2011 (report) (Svalbard pics) (Tromso pics)
Silver Wind - Cape Town to Cape Town - Feb 2011 (
pics)
Silver Cloud - London to Nice - September 2010 (France pics) (Spain and Portugal pics)
Silver Wind - Black Sea - June 2010 (photos)
Silversea PAII - Antarctica - December 2009(photos)

Tahitian Princess 8/09; Insignia 11/08; Sea Princess 8/08; Millenium 6/08; Nautica 1/08; Nautica 11/07; Regatta 4/07; Tahitian Princess 1/07; Carnival Spirit 8/06; Insignia 5/06; etc...

Old June 27th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Cool Cruiser

ewizabeff, here you go:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...0E&usp=sharing

This link should open a folder with 8 files (one for each day). You can view, download (as .pdf), or even print them. Happy obsessive planning!

Last: Silver Cloud - North Atlantic - Tower Bridge to Reykjavik - August 2014 - (photo review)

Future:

Past:
SS Antoinette (Uniworld) - Castles on the Rhine - Basel to Amsterdam - April 2014 (photo review)
photo review)
Avalon Affinity - Danube - Vienna to Passau - June 2013 (flooded! - awesome land trip instead ) (blog)
Silver Explorer - Longyearbyen to Tromso - August 2011 (report) (Svalbard pics) (Tromso pics)
pics)
Silver Cloud - London to Nice - September 2010 (France pics) (Spain and Portugal pics)

Tahitian Princess 8/09; Insignia 11/08; Sea Princess 8/08; Millenium 6/08; Nautica 1/08; Nautica 11/07; Regatta 4/07; Tahitian Princess 1/07; Carnival Spirit 8/06; Insignia 5/06; etc...

Old June 27th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you both for your replies, and especially for the dailies, JP! I'm sure my husband will be requesting a nice Weissbier for breakfast. Once he saw it was on the breakfast menu at restaurants in Germany, he made a point to keep ordering it once we were there.

Old June 29th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Cool Cruiser

You should ask if they will serve a proper Bavarian breakfast--weisswurst with sweet mustard, a soft pretzel, and of course, a glass of weissbier. I try to have one whenever I have a morning transfer at Frankfurt airport!

Knowing Uniworld, I am sure they will try to accommodate your husband's desire.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Old June 29th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Type A soul here as well.....anyone have the daillies for the Burgundy/Provence on Uniworld's SS Catherine? We leave August 31st.

Old June 29th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewizabeff View Post
Thank you both for your replies, and especially for the dailies, JP! I'm sure my husband will be requesting a nice Weissbier for breakfast. Once he saw it was on the breakfast menu at restaurants in Germany, he made a point to keep ordering it once we were there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laverendrye View Post
You should ask if they will serve a proper Bavarian breakfast--weisswurst with sweet mustard, a soft pretzel, and of course, a glass of weissbier. I try to have one whenever I have a morning transfer at Frankfurt airport!
I can't bring myself to start first thing in the morning with the Weißbier, because it might slow me down if I start too early! But I usually knock back a couple in the Sky Lounge at Frankfurt in the late morning, while waiting for our flight home. Last month they had all the perfect components of a Bavarian breakfast as you've outlined above. Yum!

I never used to like Weißwurst until I read somewhere that you are supposed to peel it before you eat it. Now that I've figured that out, the whole character of the wurst has changed for me - and yes, it's delicious with the sweet mustard (süß Senf). Or maybe I just have a thing for foods containing the letter ß...

Future:

Past:
photo review)
pics)

Old July 2nd, 2014, 06:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

We looooove that breakfast. Crossing our fingers for it