greek islands

sunsetme

My husband wants to do a cruise of Greek Islands to include some of the following:Santorini, Mykonos, Rhodes, Crete, Ephesus. Would the Grand Princess be a good choice. I know some small European lines do these exclusively. I really want a big American line (have done 14 cruises). Any ideas? Looking for 2006 or 2007.

look into the Golden Princess Itinerery... we are going on 06/03/06....it is loaded with ports...11 in 12 days.... Med and Greek isles... among the ports are Athens, Corfu, Lvorno,Naples Monte Carlo Venice and the above mentioned Greek Isles...

Patrick

I've been on the Golden which was my first Princess cruise and I loved it. I've been to the Greek islands with a small European cruise line. I loved the islands but the cruise experience leaves alot to be desired. If I did it again and I wanted to be on a great cruise ship with all the amenities and the great service and food, I'd go with Princess next time. If I wanted to save money and just see the islands and use the cruise ship to get around to save daytime for sightseeing, then I'd go with a low cost Greek cruiseline to do that. Just don't have high expectations with the small Greek lines.

...Remember that Ephesus is in Turkey. Trips are from Kusadasi. You can also visit the site whre Schliemann found the seven levels of Troy, but it's a good distance away. The other Greek islands are well worth a visit, especially Crete where the palace of Knossos is not to be missed.

I don't see why I can't tell you... depending on your stateroom. We are on Lido deck w/ balcony...figure around $2500 pp+....I actually booked it on board Star Princess in March and then transfered my booking to my travel agent...if you need specifics, email me @ patrickcioffi@aol.com.not sure how much info I can give you on this thread!

Patrick

Archived