Power sockets in 2B Accessible cabin (Constellation)

spanner14

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere - I'm wondering how many power sockets there are likely to be in a 2B Accessible balcony cabin on Connie?

Also, before I buy the wrong UK to USA adapters, are the sockets 2 pin or 3 pin?

And finally, are there spare sockets by the bed?

Thank you! :o

I would buy the 2 pin US sockets just to be safe. Some outlets are dual voltage . Meaning they can supply 220VAC or 110VAC .

The one under the bed is usually 220VAC for the bedside lamps.

I've heard rum ours that they are 110VAC as well.

The only issue you'll have with a power bar will be that lights are usually are 220VAC and power bars are 120VAC.

Yes, I hadn't thought of that. I think I can get an earthed power bar/extension cord which has 4 UK sockets into one US plug - that should be ok for our ipod/phone/camera chargers.

I need the socket by the bed to charge my spinal cord stimulator charger but now I think of it, I'm pretty sure the charger comes with a set of transformers/country specific chargers so I'll check the voltage on the US one. So complicated! :eek::D

I would buy the 2 pin US sockets just to be safe. Some outlets are dual voltage . Meaning they can supply 220VAC or 110VAC .

The one under the bed is usually 220VAC for the bedside lamps.

I've heard rum ours that they are 110VAC as well.

Sorry but most of this information is incorrect.

There are no dual voltage outlets on the ship. In fact I've never seen such a thing as a dual voltage outlet which can provide both 220V and 110V without some sort of special conversion electronics that must be switched between the two. Outlets on the ship will either be 220V or 110V and there will both of these. The closest thing to a dual voltage outlet is an outlet in some of the bathrooms on the ships which are labeled as low power "shaver only" outlets which have separate sockets for 220v and 110V - although I believe on the M class ships these have since been blocked by night lights that have been installed in recent years.

There will be both standard 220V European style outlets and 110V North American style outlets in the cabin. These will be located by the desk in the cabin. I do not know if there are extra outlets in accessible cabins but I do not believe there is. The North American style 110V outlets are three pin outlets. The European style 220V outlets are the circular recessed outlets which I believe are grounded but not with a grounding "pin".

The first six photos in the following photo gallery show all of the electrical outlets in a standard stateroom on the Constellation including some 110V outlets behind the TV and 220V outlets under the bed used to plug in the bedside lights.

If you need a bedside outlet for an electrical appliance you should request an extension cord from special services and then ask your stateroom attendant for the cord you need once on board. They will provide these for you.

Edited by Lsimon

Thank you Larry! I must admit to finding it all a little confusing. :confused::o I have to contact the Special Needs department again anyway so I will ask them if they can add an extension cord to the list. I checked the spinal cord charger set and there is one for US outlets so no need for an adapter for that, at least. :)

Sorry but most of this information is incorrect.

There are no dual voltage outlets on the ship. In fact I've never seen such a thing as a dual voltage outlet which can provide both 220V and 110V without some sort of special conversion electronics that must be switched between the two. Outlets on the ship will either be 220V or 110V and there will both of these. The closest thing to a dual voltage outlet is an outlet in some of the bathrooms on the ships which are labeled as low power "shaver only" outlets which have separate sockets for 220v and 110V - although I believe on the M class ships these have since been blocked by night lights that have been installed in recent years.

There will be both standard 220V European style outlets and 110V North American style outlets in the cabin. These will be located by the desk in the cabin. I do not know if there are extra outlets in accessible cabins but I do not believe there is. The North American style 110V outlets are three pin outlets. The European style 220V outlets are the circular recessed outlets which I believe are grounded but not with a grounding "pin".

The first six photos in the following photo gallery show all of the electrical outlets in a standard stateroom on the Constellation including some 110V outlets behind the TV and 220V outlets under the bed used to plug in the bedside lights.

If you need a bedside outlet for an electrical appliance you should request an extension cord from special services and then ask your stateroom attendant for the cord you need once on board. They will provide these for you.

Great information, and it answers a question I posed in a separate post.