Getaway Studio T1 deck 10 or 11 which is better?

kad

I'm ready to book a studio T-1 cabin on the Getaway for August. I need to know is the lounge only on deck 10 and a stairwell down from deck 11? Or is there coffee and a wine machine on deck 11 too? It seems that deck 11 is more booked than deck 10. Why?

There's seating, a TV, and a vending machine on the 11 level of the lounge. The bar, coffee, pastries, and wine machine (which was broken the entire time I was there) is all on the 10th. It really doesn't make a difference in my mind which floor you are on.

I'm ready to book a studio T-1 cabin on the Getaway for August. I need to know is the lounge only on deck 10 and a stairwell down from deck 11? Or is there coffee and a wine machine on deck 11 too? It seems that deck 11 is more booked than deck 10. Why?

The lounge is only on deck 10. There is a stairwell from deck 11 down to the lounge.

Deck 11 has more non connecting staterooms, which could be the reason. The connecting staterooms have a small gap at the bottom of the connecting door which allows you to hear things in the stateroom connected to yours.

On another studio note, if you're not an early riser, try to book a studio that is not touching any blank space on the deck plans. This is the crew only areas. You will be able to hear them in the mornings when they are getting their materials together to work.

On another studio note, if you're not an early riser, try to book a studio that is not touching any blank space on the deck plans. This is the crew only areas. You will be able to hear them in the mornings when they are getting their materials together to work.

THIS!!! I stayed in a studio during a CTN, and thought that blank space would be a good thing and buffer me from noise coming from other cabins. I was soooooo wrong on that count. It was the noisest location ever.

I was on the Getaway's June 27, 2015 sailing. I booked 2 cabins on deck 11: balcony cabin 11158 (for my young son and myself) and studio cabin 11517 (for my elderly mother).

I wanted the shortest possible distance to travel between the two cabins. Since I was aware that the studio cabin doors don't open directly to the main hallway, I called the NCL booking department to ask where the entrances to the studio area are. The NCL rep told me that deck 11 has 4 entrances to the studio area: 2 near the studio lounge (near port and starboard balcony cabins 11158 and 11764, respectively) and 2 at the aft end of the studio area (near port and starboard balcony cabins 11134 and 11734, respectively). See NCL's Getaway deck plan:

?shipID=651&deck=11

When I was ready to book, I called the NCL booking department again. The rep I booked with confirmed those 4 entrances to the studio area (and 4 similarly located entrances on deck 10). After careful deliberation, I booked cabins 11158 and 11517 based on that information.

Imagine our disappointment when we boarded the Getaway and found that the "door" to the studio area just outside cabin 11158 was actually a wall! That studio entrance simply does not exist!

Instead of quick and easy meet-ups right across the hall, my 79-year-old mother had to trek across the studio area to the starboard side to exit through the actual studio entrance (near cabin 11764), down the hall to the elevator area, across the ship to the port side, and back down the hall to my cabin (11158). Alternatively, I could haul my 8-year-old the same distance to Grammy's room.

This didn't ruin our cruise, and I'm sure that far worse calamities happen on cruise ships every day. But the thing that gets me is that NCL took no responsibility for their error (in their maps and representatives' training). We waited in line at Guest Services three times during the cruise to discuss this issue. Even the Guest Services employees were unaware of the deck plan error - one toted out the same incorrect map and triumphantly announced that he had solved our problem - we could simply use "the door to the studios" (a.k.a. "the wall") right outside our balcony cabin!

When it became clear that changing cabins was impossible (fully booked ship), we politely asked Guest Services for some type of onboard credit as compensation. They kept putting us off, promising that a higher-up would call us. After the third trip to Guest Services, a cheap bottle of red wine showed up in each of our cabins with a note saying "Enjoy!" We assumed that this was all we would get out of NCL and decided not to waste any more precious vacation time at the Guest Services desk.

I will also never waste any more precious vacation dollars on a Norwegian cruise.

To address the OP's question: there are no Studio Lounge facilities on deck 11. You take a short spiral staircase down to the lounge, which is on deck 10.