For those who took Newport excursions through Princess....

Jetswdo

After reading problems that some passengers had at Newport regarding slow tenders for those not taking Princess excursions: We have decided to book the Princess excursion that does the Breakers with the Cliff walk. It is a 3 hour tour--my question around what time would the return be back to the pier? We want to walk to the Touro synagogue and take their guided tour there, then walk around the streets by the pier, before getting a tender back on the Regal.

We only book ship's tours when it just will avoid problems--so for Newport, this seemed the most practical.

Anyway, if any one who took this Princess tour: NPT380: Cliffwalk and Breakers, please share info. Thanks Anita

After reading problems that some passengers had at Newport regarding slow tenders for those not taking Princess excursions: We have decided to book the Princess excursion that does the Breakers with the Cliff walk. It is a 3 hour tour--my question around what time would the return be back to the pier? We want to walk to the Touro synagogue and take their guided tour there, then walk around the streets by the pier, before getting a tender back on the Regal.

We only book ship's tours when it just will avoid problems--so for Newport, this seemed the most practical.

Anyway, if any one who took this Princess tour: NPT380: Cliffwalk and Breakers, please share info. Thanks Anita

We were on the Regal for a 3-10 October cruise. We booked an independent tour to Breakers and had no problems getting off the ship. In fact when we went to get our Tender tickets they told us to go directly to the loading area, this was around 8:45am.

This answer may be curt and stupid, but as you stated the tour you desire will take 3 hours, so you'll return 3 hours after your tour start at the tender pier. Here's the important part the ship will offer this tour with multiple starting times, accordingly, I'd sign up for an early tour start (say 8 or 9 or 10), returning you to the tender pier at eleven, noon or 1 PM, then you'll have time to walk over to Touro, about two blocks away, and go on their 45 minute tour.

Hope that helps.

I'm glad that there will be several tour times. We would do the earliest one, so that we would have time to tour the synagogue after. I just saw that Princess offers a tour as well to the synagogue- but it seems ridiculously expensive--Admission tickets are $12 to the museum, and I think a 10 minute walk from the dock-- yet Princess is asking $59? pp--- now that does include a bus ride, but unless I am missing something, it seems like a total rip off, for what it is.