Cruising Gluten Free on the Conquest

UTVolsFan4Life

We are on the May 22 sailing on the Carnival Conquest and I would like to hear the feedback from people that have recently sailed the Conquest and is gluten free. I searched the boards, but most of the information I found was from a few years back so, I'm looking for some updated information.

My wife is allergic to gluten and several other foods. Also, she does not eat meat. We sail Carnival because they have been great with making sure that she does not get sick. We know the drill and have contacted Carnival's special needs department and we will speak to the dinning staff at the appointed time during the afternoon we get on-board the ship.

How is the Lido Deck food? At Guy's do they have a veggie burger and a gluten free bun? Can she have the french fries? Do they have a gluten free pizza and bread at the pizza and deli? Is the ice cream still gluten free? She loved it and did not have an issue on our last cruise.

Thanks in advance for all your help and advice.

You can review the other 1000 threads on this, but my suggestion is to contact Carnival for your dietary needs.

As I mentioned previously, I have already searched the threads for Conquest Gluten Free and found a lot of information. but it's old. I'm just trying to find people that have recently sailed the Conquest who can let me know their experience so, that I can validate the older information that I found.

Yes, Carnival has been contacted and is aware of her dietary needs.

We haven't been on the Conquest since 2013, but on the Elation and Legend in the last year there has been:

Gluten free pizza crust at the pizza place

A gluten free wrap for the deli

Gluten free bread at dinner

The fries have never bothered my wife, but YMMV depending on sensitivity

I do not recall a gluten free bread for sandwiches from the Deli

The Ice cream on the Legend was gluten free, we did not ask about it on the Elation (but my bet would be it was safe too).

We haven't been on the Conquest since 2013, but on the Elation and Legend in the last year there has been:

The Ice cream on the Legend was gluten free, we did not ask about it on the Elation (but my bet would be it was safe too).

They had gluten free bread at the deli as well. I would note, though, that it really doesn't make good sandwiches, it has more a cake-like consistency.

You should do fine. Contact the Maitre D' when you first board. They are very well versed in helping you navigate the ship's dining facilities.

Soft serve is gluten free (yay!!).

They had gluten free bread at the deli as well. I would note, though, that it really doesn't make good sandwiches, it has more a cake-like consistency.

You should do fine. Contact the Maitre D' when you first board. They are very well versed in helping you navigate the ship's dining facilities.

Soft serve is gluten free (yay!!).

This is all great to hear. We have the Maitre D' on our list and as always I'm sure everything will be fine. :D