Steyr and Christkindl Village Tour on Uniworld

bubbulz

We are on a Uniworld Christmas Markets cruise in December, and this is one of two "optional excursions" during the week that are not included as part of the price of the cruise. (The other is a helicopter ride over the Wachau Valley). The Steyr and Christkindl Village tour is on the day the boat is in Linz, and I am curious whether anyone has done it and whether it was worth it.

Linz has quite a large Christmas market should you opt out of the extra cost excursion.

While I have never visited Steyr in many Christmas market trips to this part of Europe, we have visited Salzburg while docked in Linz as a DIY and it was easy to do. We love Salzburg and totally enjoyed our day there.

Edited by caviargal

Linz has quite a large Christmas market should you opt out of the extra cost excursion.

While I have never visited Steyr in many Christmas market trips to this part of Europe, we have visited Salzburg while docked in Linz as a DIY and it was easy to do. We love Salzburg and totally enjoyed our day there.

Thanks for the feedback. We are planning on visiting Salzburg after our cruise while we're in Bavaria for 4 days. It's an easy drive from Berchtesgaden and sounds like it's not to be missed!