Vantage Sale

Happy_Traveler_2008

Saw this sale in my email today. Since I already made other plans, I can't take advantage of this deal. Even with taxes and fees, this looks to be a great deal. Is the recent security situation in Europe reducing demand on these river cruises?

This week, Vantage Deluxe World Travel dropped prices for 10-night river cruises to a rare $899 per person for fall sailings. Similar itineraries during this temperate time frame will cost members more than $3100 more.

These cruises include all meals onboard, wine and beer with dinner, Wi-Fi and sightseeing tours in every port.

Here's our favorite sailing from this top river cruise line, as ranked by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler:

$899 ... Best of Burgundy, Beaujolais & Provence: Sept. 10, 20, 30; Oct. 10, 20, 30

Sail from Avignon to Chalon-sur-Saône (or reverse), stopping in Viviers, Vienne, Lyon, Mâcon, Tournus

These sailings are also discounted, and have the same inclusions:

$999 ... Gateway to Eastern Europe: Sept. 20, 28; Oct. 8, 16

Sail from Budapest to Giurgiu (or reverse), stopping in Kalocsa, Mohacs, Vukovar, Donji Milanovac, Ruse

$999 ... Paris & Highlights of Normandy: Sept. 10, 20, 30; Oct. 10, 20, 30

Sail roundtrip from Paris, stopping in Vernon, Giverny, Rouen, Caudebec-en-Caux, Honfleur, Normandy, Conflans

$999 ... The Magnificent Elbe: Berlin to Prague: Sept. 21, 28; Oct. 5

Sail Berlin to Prague, stopping in Potsdam, Magdeburg, Wittenberg, Dessau, Meissen, Dresden, Bad Schandau

I went into their website and all they are advertising is for 2017/2018, cant seem to find your deals.

Marlster

It's hard to find the deals on Vantage's website. I've received filers from them in the mail with some incredible prices, and the only way to find them on the website is to use the coupon code on the flier. The prices at the links above are incredible; wish we could go!

I recently received emails from two online travel agencies we have used in the past offering some great deals on AMA cruises in November & December that I couldn't find on the AMA website. I wonder if the cruise lines are hesitant to show extreme discounts on their websites as it might encourage people who can be flexible with travel plans to wait for the prices to fall...

It's hard to find the deals on Vantage's website. I've received filers from them in the mail with some incredible prices, and the only way to find them on the website is to use the coupon code on the flier. The prices at the links above are incredible; wish we could go!

I recently received emails from two online travel agencies we have used in the past offering some great deals on AMA cruises in November & December that I couldn't find on the AMA website. I wonder if the cruise lines are hesitant to show extreme discounts on their websites as it might encourage people who can be flexible with travel plans to wait for the prices to fall...

Could you please give me the names of the two online travel agencies that are advertising the deals with AMA, thanks.

Marlster

Could you please give me the names of the two online travel agencies that are advertising the deals with AMA, thanks.

Marlster

Mentioning Travel Agents by name is prohibited by the Cruise Critic guidelines.

As Cruise Critic has no PM function, how do people connect offline? I have exchanged email addresses with other CCers in the past - was not aware that was against the rules.

Quoting the rules here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=email&match=all&titlesonly=0

Contacting Other Members

Can I email other members?

No, we value the privacy of our members. If you would like others to contact you, please include your email address in your posts. It is best to mask your email in such as way that bots cannot find it, like this: myemail / at / emailaccount / dot / com.

Why can't I send an email to someone?

We believe our members should make a conscious decision to post their email address on a public forum. Therefore, we do not have our email functionality enabled.

Can we use private messaging?

We do not have this feature enabled at this time.

But of course they do also specify this, so, just don't email about TAs. Email about something else.

This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information.
Edited by Hoyaheel

Thanks for the info.for Vantage sales. I wonder if this is OK----- Next time you get an amazing deal from whoever could you please let me know via e-mail-----jorchard@shawdotca, thanks. Wish I could have taken one of their cruises but have one booked already for next year, I think I need a money tree!!!!!

Marlster