Help with choosing a hotel in Port Canaveral

Liesel

My husband and I are cruising in February and I am checking on hotels in Port Canaveral for one night pre-cruise. We are flying into Orlando and thinking of taking a taxi or shuttle to the hotel. We don’t want to rent a car.

I have been looking at a few hotels:

Residence Inn, Homewood Suites, Country Inn and Doubletree; all in Port Canaveral.

When checking, they all seem to look the same. They are all pretty much in the same price range. Has anybody stayed at any of these and had a great or a negative experience:) or might suggest another hotel?? The Radisson is booked for our time period.

Doubletree is down the road .... not far, but in Cocoa Beach while the others are within a 1 mile radius of each other (less actually) in Cape Canaveral (the port is in the town of Cape Canaveral)

Homewood is brand new .... late May opening I believe ....

There's a BUNCH of hotels between the port and the Doubletree (which is actually south of SR-520)

But 520 is still only a 10 minute ride to the port so don't let distance get in your way

Edited by Capt_BJ

We have stayed at the Quality Inn in Cocoa Beach 2 times before our cruises. It's nothing fancy but in a good location, 1 block from the beach and convenient to restaurants and shopping. The shuttle service was prompt to and from the port. They have a decent breakfast and was reasonably priced.

April

My husband and I are cruising in February and I am checking on hotels in Port Canaveral for one night pre-cruise. We are flying into Orlando and thinking of taking a taxi or shuttle to the hotel. We don’t want to rent a car. .

The port/PC area is about 50 miles from the MCO airport - do not take a taxi! :eek:

Cortrans, Travelynx and Cocoa Beach Shuttle are often suggested on this board for shared shuttle service between MCO and PC/Cocoa Beach - fares start in the low $20's

Made reservations at two different hotels depending on when we fly into MCO for a June cruise from PC. Airfare dictates when we fly in, but if we arrive the afternoon before we will stay at the Residence Inn, if we fly in two days prior we are staying at the La Quinta near the pier for a beach day; we'll just cancel the other reservation. June SWA flights go on sale around Nov 1 so we should have a decision soon. We are doing one-way rentals no matter when we arrive.

Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions. I just booked into the Homewood Suites. So my next chore is to book the transportation from Orlando to the hotel in Cocoa beach and back from the ship to the airport. I am not sure that I want a huge van since it is just my husband and myself.

Question: If I were to book with Cocoa Beach Shuttle, do they pack lots of people into the same vehicle and make lots of stops?