Caribbean Princess Review 10/8 - 15...OR...

dbmiller1956

THE TEN THINGS I LEARNED WHILE ON THE CRUISE......

1. If you are a true coffee drinker, the coffee onboard is pretty good. If you prefer Cappucinos and Lattes, you're in trouble!

2. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whether good or bad.

3. "Movies Under the Stars" is truly a fantastic experience, something everyone should try at least once.

4. The service needs to be worked on, especially in the dining room.

5. Anytime Dining is different, but worked for us. You can spend 7 days on this ship and never put on dress clothes. Eating dinner in your shorts each night is fun.

6. Something needs to be done about all the beach area on Princess Cays. You could really get hurt on all those rocks. I saw alot of kids with skinned up legs.

7. Try to fix all the problems with the Spa Pool, before the cruise. Not being able to use it but once was a bummer.

8. The ship needs new stabilizers because I have never felt a ship rock more that this one.

9. The Medical Staff is one of the greatest around. My husband and I can personally attest to that.

10. I don't think I will go on this ship again, but I haven't given up on Princess. Just think the next ship will be a little smaller.

Will post a full review in a few days...but just wanted to throw a few observations out there while the trip was still fresh in my thoughts.

I hope you weren't the ones who the Captain announced a "Code Alpha" to the stateroom on the first night of the cruise. I suspect that means a serious medical emergency, but I never heard what happened.

I agree with your comments on MUTS. We really liked it in the evening, but not so much during the day.

In talking to my server (we had personal choice, but had the same server each night) the waiters are really overworked. Daniel told me that on other ships he had 3 tables for dinner, and on the CB he has 6. It was obvious to me that they were hustling just to try to give decent service, and this is one area where the extra deck of passengers really creates a problem.

Thanks for the observations. I have a question: You don't have to dress for dinner with anytime dining? Or, did you just go to the buffet every night?

I thought the PC dining in the dining room was still under the dress code.

Please advise?

Thanks,

Jack

Thanks for the observations. I have a question: You don't have to dress for dinner with anytime dining? Or, did you just go to the buffet every night?

I thought the PC dining in the dining room was still under the dress code.

Please advise?

Thanks,

Jack

Proper dress is still required in the dining rooms. I'm assuming if they were dining in shorts they were at the buffet.

Scott

JackieB, yes you do have to dress for the DR. We only went once and found the service to be extremely slow. The fact that the waiters had multiple tables does make more sense now.

Yes, we were the "Alphacode" that was called the first night. My husband didn't realize that he was allergic to shellfish, having eating it all his life, and developed an allergic reaction. He couldn't breathe and had to be rushed to the infirmary.

Archived