Onboard Credit only for Shortened Cruise??

disfan

According to RCCL, next Monday's SOS cruise will depart on Tuesday and will be for 3 days rather than the scheduled 4.

Those who cancel will get a letter of credit for a future cruise.

Those who take the shortened cruise will get $125.00 in onboard credit.

I've read other posts, in the past, where passengers got future cruise credit, if their cruise was shortened.

As long as you have the option to cancel, I suppose the onboard credit offer,

for those who sail, is sufficient but I am not sure.

Comments?

We were scheduled on that SOS Monday cruise. We called right away and rebooked for Nov. 14 for the same cost. We really didn't want to head to Florida with such horrible weather coming that direction. Glad we took them up on the credit and hopefully weather will be more settled.

I just called Guest relations and Oscar and also another person Gelest(sp) there told me that the credit is per cabin, NOT PER GUEST!!!! Is this worth it?!?!?! We took out the insurance and I am thinking it may just be better to cancel the cruise if 125$ is all we get for a missed day at sea. That would be only 41.66 credit per person with three in the cabin. Trust me I paid more than 41$ a night for this cruise and I feel this is not fair compensation. Even with only two in a cabin, $62.50 a night is still much less than what we paid. I feel the web site is misleading by not telling us that it is per cabin, not per person! Any one else concerned about this?

I am on MOS scheduled for tomorrow and rescheduled for Tues. The shipboard credit was $125.00 per guest according to two I spoke to. Last year my SIL went on a RCCL cruise and she received a shipboard credit and 50% off next one. The gentleman I spoke to said to complain loudly about this - they may change their minds. Meanwhile the CEO is Adam GOldstein.I will be contacting him.

As a point of comparison, last year when we were delayed two days for Hurricane Jeanne, the compensation was $250 per cabin per day or a total of $500 per cabin. We had two cabins, so our total on-board credit was $1,000. We also received a coupon for 50% off a future cruise.

I just filled out my online documents for our cruise in January of 2006. I had to agree that I read the entire Cruise Tour Ticket Contract which states that they don't have to offer you anything. I am paying a higher cruise price to sail when it isn't Hurricane season.

For those in the know, does RCI have to give you a credit, or are they doing this for customer relations? For people that have booked a more expensive cabin and RCI isn't giving you enough credit I would be using my trip insurance that I purchased just for this very reason.

I know I booked my airline tickets this last March for my upcoming cruise. I banked that the ticket price would go up with the price of gas. To my surprise they actually went down $80. I rebooked with a $50 rebooking fee, but did receive a $34 voucher towards a future flight. IMHO I took a risk booking that far in advance and I lost, the prices came down. Now if I they had gone up I would have been real happy.

For those in the know, does RCI have to give you a credit, or are they doing this for customer relations? For people that have booked a more expensive cabin and RCI isn't giving you enough credit I would be using my trip insurance that I purchased just for this very reason.

Per the cruise contract, RCI doesn't have to give a credit for any changes made to your cruise at all, including shortening, changing ports, etc. They would only have to give you your money back if the cruise was cancelled. The onboard credit is purely a customer relations effort. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be enough for the above cruisers.

WRP96,

Thanks for the information, now I feel better about buying my trip insurance. I buy it mainly for emergency medical, but it seems that it would pay off if the cruise line shortened my cruise as well.

I guess I would really complain if I was one of the cruisers that had their's canceled by Carnival only to have the cruise ship not used by the Katrina evacuees.

Archived