LaQuinta Fort Lauderdale Airport

rich144

• 1 year later...
[font=Georgia][size=3]It's gotten good reviews on [/size][/font][url="http://www.tripadvisor.com"][font=Georgia][size=3]www.tripadvisor.com[/size][/font][/url][font=Georgia][size=3] as well as on these boards...you might try a search here.[/size][/font]
[font=Georgia][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Georgia][size=3]We're hoping they're all right, as we've booked there for our pre-cruise night next year! [/size][/font]

LAura: We stayed there this April and thought it was a great place to stay for a pre-cruise night.Got it on Priceline.Bid for it last Sept. and got it for $42 a night. Hoping to get it again for next April for a group of us going. Bid up to $48 on Priceline, but no take yet.Who did you book it through, for when and how much was the rate you got.Have not heard of anyone getting it recently on Priceline, though it is a 2-star and most people seem to bid for a 3-star. it is only a 2-star because it has not restaurant, though they give you a nice free breaksfast, and they have no bellhop service, which we do not need.That beings down the star rating.The rooms are very nice and they have a nice pool area and there are restaurants only a 5 or 10 minute walk away.Highly recommend it.

[font=Georgia][size=3][color=darkorchid]Sounds great! Diane...we just booked the regular rates (well, my folks and my SIL can get the AARP rates). I don't like messing with Priceline and such. I'm glad to hear that it's still a nice place. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Georgia][size=3][color=darkorchid]What's the closest restaurant? According to the website there are a bunch less than 1/2 a mile away.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Georgia][size=3][color=darkorchid][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Georgia][size=3][color=darkorchid]thanks![/color][/size][/font]

Laura: There are a few restaurants.It is a small shopping center less than a half mie away.I remember Red Lobster and we ate at a soup and salad buffet.There were also a few others I do not remember.When are you going to stay there?

[font=Georgia][size=3][color=darkorchid]We aren't cruising until July....so unfortunately the discount that [color=blue]cruzlova [/color]mentioned above didn't work for us. Maybe something will come up down the road. I think they'll honor it, or else we'll cancel and rebook![/color][/size][/font]

[font=Georgia][size=3][color=darkorchid]Was it safe to walk around to the restaurants? We'll probably get there around lunchtime and go out for lunch....go back and swim and relax and then go out for dinner. We won't be out late, but will have to walk as we won't have a car....and with 8 of us, walking would be easier if things aren't too far.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Georgia][size=3][color=royalblue]Diane and/or Missybud[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Georgia][size=3][color=royalblue]A few questions about the shuttle:[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Georgia][size=3][color=royalblue][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Georgia][size=3][color=royalblue]1. Do you sign up ahead of time, or when you check in?[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Georgia][size=3][color=royalblue]2. Was it too time consuming...would a taxi be quicker and more efficient? I've been in shuttle situations that were very disorganized and a taxi would have been easier, even though it cost.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Georgia][size=3][color=royalblue]3. What time did it leave from the hotel?[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Georgia][size=3][color=royalblue]thanks![/color][/size][/font]

They did offer the shuttle to the pier but we did not use it. They tell you what time, according to the ship you are going on.Our time,on Princess, was for 1 o'clock pick-up.We did not want to go that late, so we took a taxi. I called taxi company, and arranged for them to pick us up at 10:30 from the hotel. We were 7 people,so had two taxis.We paid $20 per taxi,with tip.We are glad we got there early.A half hour later the lines got very long and people had to wait in the hot sun.I suggest going early, unless your pick-up time is by 11.Our group walked to restaurants.We felt it was a safe walk.It will be light till late in July.

[color=royalblue][font=Georgia][size=3]That sounds good...we're on the Caribbean Princess too. I don't think my gang will want to wait until 1:00 either! We'll do the same thing...have a taxi pick us up at 10:30. Thanks a bunch for the tip....with 2 teens, a 7 year old (who's never cruised before) and an impatient Grandpa....we're best to avoid the longer lines! :rolleyes:[/size][/font] [/color]

I've stayed at that La Quinta a few times and really liked it. The rooms are big, with real fridge, m/w, coffee maker, lazy boy chair in the room. I was by myself and felt very safe walking to the restaurants and shopping. That was during the day...didn't go out alone at night (being female and unfamiliar with the area)

Very friendly staff, lovely lobby....I stay here everytime in FLL. It's a great bargain.

Archived