Any advice for a very large man cruising on the Norwegian Sun?

tonykj1

My wife and I are cruising on the Sun at the end of January. I'm a very large man (500 lbs) and usually have issues with seats with arms and theater style seats. We reserved a handicapped accessible room so I would have some extra room in the bathroom.

I know there are many different restaurants and lounges on this ship. From the pictures I have seen online, most of the seats appear to have arms which would cause a problem for me.

In particular it looks like the seats in both main dining rooms have arms. It looks like the Great Outdoor Buffet has patio type chairs with arms and I'm not sure about the indoor buffet.

I'm curious if any other "people of size" have gone on this ship, and if so how have they handled this very sensitive issue. I'm wondering if chairs without arms are available in the venues that have chairs with arms?

Even if you are not a large person, I would welcome any advice any others would have for me who have been on this ship.

Thanks for any feedback you may have. Have a great day :)

You are correct, the main dining room chairs do have arms and so do the Great Outdoor chairs. The Garden Cafe has tables with bench seats on one side and chairs on the other. The tables can be pushed out from the benches if necessary. You can easily carry food from Great Outdoor into the Garden Cafe and eat there. They are adjacent and it's mostly the same food in both places anyway.

The Stardust Theater has several types of seating, including some sofas.

I believe that the standard chairs in Las Ramblas and Pacific Heights have no arms, but I am not 100% sure. I can't recall one way or the other about Le Bistro.

You are correct, the main dining room chairs do have arms and so do the Great Outdoor chairs. The Garden Cafe has tables with bench seats on one side and chairs on the other. The tables can be pushed out from the benches if necessary. You can easily carry food from Great Outdoor into the Garden Cafe and eat there. They are adjacent and it's mostly the same food in both places anyway.

The Stardust Theater has several types of seating, including some sofas.

I believe that the standard chairs in Las Ramblas and Pacific Heights have no arms, but I am not 100% sure. I can't recall one way or the other about Le Bistro.

Thank you very much for your quick reply to my question. I want everything to go as smoothly as possible because we just want to relax and enjoy ourselves. You have help eliminate some of my fears about this ship.

Our last two cruises were on the Carnival Conquest and Carnival Glory. Both of these ships had great accommodations for us larger folks

Thanks again

I'm sure NCL will be very accomodating.

You or your wife might want to go to the Maitre D' on the first day. If you are willing to eat at a fixed time in the dining room, I am confident that they will arrange a table and chair that will suit your needs.

(They probably can do this even if you just show up at various times, but that might not be as hassle free as you like.)

You'll have a wonderful time!

Tonykj1,

Pacific Heights has regular chairs without arms. It is a good place to eat during lunch if you like pasta. The Garden Cafe does have bench seating and regular chairs. The Stardust lounge had chairs with arms in front of the stage. I cannot remember what was along the outer bulkheads.

Dave

Archived